Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Saturday at the Temple...

Saturday, my boys left for an early tee-time at the golf course... my husbands company was putting on their annual golf tournament. They reserve the golf course for the entire day and bring clients and employees out to compete. They had extra room on the teams and invited "the teenager" to come play, so he was THRILLED!
.
We had a really long conversation with him the night before about his manners and etiquette, and all about remembering WHO HE IS!!! Because he was chosen to play on the team with THE BOSS!!! Oh how we prayed, there would not be any incidents!!
.
So after they left, I assessed my HUGE "to do list" trying to figure out what to do first and was so overwhelmed, I just started picking up... there is always something to "pick up" at my house. Between the dog toys, and the boys and their golf balls and tee's and pens and gum wrappers... always something to be put away. I ran across a paper to fill out for later this month when our Stake does a fill the Temple Day. It crossed my mind, that I have enough time to go to the Temple.
.
At our Stake Conference this past month, our Stake President encouraged us that even though WE are not perfect, to try and perfect something in our gospel lives (like prayer, scripture study, family night etc). So, while I have a few I need to work on... I had thought about all of my good intentions that I never quite get to... and decided that some of those were actually not just good intentions, but rather inspiration, or promptings, maybe encouragement from God to do something good or right at times... some are really just good intentions. But I was going to try and discern between them and really try and ACT upon the spiritual promptings that I was getting.
.
So I immediately decided this thought to go to the Temple, was definitely a prompting... I should go!!!!! So I jumped in the shower and got dressed and out the door I went headed to the Temple, before something changed my mind. I knew if I had to think about it too long, I would rationalize many reasons to stay home and not go.
.
I was not disappointed!! It was wonderful!!!
One of the 19 year olds in our Ward was there in preparation to go on his mission in November. So I was able to see him and his parents in the session I attended.
.
Of course I had many many thoughts that this day will be coming soon for me as a mother also, those thoughts are very bitter sweet!
.
I was pretty sad to find out that while I was in the Temple, I missed my hubby's sister and her family driving through our town, going home to Washington... but she would have missed her brother and the teenager... and it was the end of their trip, and if they are like me, they just want to hurry and get home at that point. I would have loved to see them, but I think it all worked out okay, anyway.
.
It was a very sweet Saturday and going to the Temple made for a really special morning for me. It was just where I needed to be, and I was so glad I listened to that still small voice that encouraged me to go. The huge "to do list" is still there this morning, but I can work on it anytime; and now I can do it with a much more renewed spirit and cheerful appreciative attitude I found while I was in the Temple.

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Craig at the temple. Wow. I am so proud of him. and so excited. But wow. That means we are really grown up. Really Really. Thanks for your picture. It means a lot to me. :) All my love and the happiest sunshine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails