Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sensory Overload...

Do I have dark circles under my eyes?
The past two days I have had insomnia SOOO BAD! I almost feel like I have been drugged, or like I drank a case of Mt. Dew! I have no idea what the heck is going on????
Laying in bed at night, trying to go to sleep, reading, movies, dark and silent... nothing worked! The first night it was really weird, and I thought it would just pass. Maybe I just had too much on my mind or something.
.
But last night again with the wide eyes and the energy boost, just like the week before my teenager was born... I am wanting to clean, organize, wash, scrub and align everything in my path (of course resisting the urge since it is 2am and my family is sleeping). So I lay there with all the intentions spinning in my head. It is just torturous!
.
The first night I was able to witness some really funny things... I even got in trouble when I woke my strong silent mysterious man up from my laughter shaking the bed.... Taylor was cracking me up! She would smack her lips and tongue, making the most hilarious noises. Then she started snoring and when the air would release out, her jowls would flap (like in the cartoons)!!! I really lost it when I heard that!!!
.
Then she got up, I think she sleep walks!!! She was walking around the bedroom like she was looking for something, bumped into Rudy's kennel, walked down the hall and did a fly by though the teenagers room, then came back by a load of towels I had sorted in the hallway to wash, dug in them scattering them all over, then came back to her bed and layed down and went back to snoring again! It was so funny... I am thinking I want to set up a video camera in the house at night while we sleep. We thought seriously about doing this when we leave during the day, after coming home and finding dog nose prints on a mirror that is way to high up for them to be walking by just looking at themselves.
Anyway, it was quiet last night... and I had something to keep me busy until I fell asleep. I had been to an enrichment meeting at our church.
It was a night filled with great classes from house cleaning tips, couponing, and a few crafts! I haven't done anything like this for a while, so I was almost totally overwhelmed! All the good information I was trying to absorb, learn and figure out all at once, plus trying to catch up with some of the sisters I hadn't seen in a while, or just don't have time or opportunity to talk to at church on Sundays.
I was having major "Sensory Overload"! It got better as the night went on, we divided up into smaller groups... so I could handle it a little better.
The crafts were sooooo cute... we have some of the most talented ladies in our Ward, I am so grateful they are willing to share and teach the rest of us! It really is a gift! I totally meant to get pictures last night... but all I managed was a few of the craft projects.
These little fabric scrunchie things are called yo-yo's, and there are a million and one projects you can make with them... for the fall season, these were made into a pumpkin garland... so cute! I didn't get a picture, but they had some red white and blue sewn together into a flag... I want to do that one! Loved it!

And these felt bags, what a great idea to give little treats to neighbors or teachers or visiting and home teachers.

The Pumpkin

The Black Cat

And just a tiny sneak peak at the other pattern for now... too many looky loo's here that might be on the receiving end of this one. Sorry!

We were also working on pieces and parts of some little fabric dolls for a stake humanitarian project while we were listening in the classes.... see what I mean, major multi-tasking going on. I have not "had" to multi-task for a while and when you don't use it, you definitely lose it!

.

I am hoping for a good night of sleep tonight, but just in case I have another sleepless night I am armed with plenty of crafty work!

4 comments:

patsy said...

oh man I have nights like that sometimes- rough-

I am jealous our ward is not having one of those days this year- the crafty ones- the classes sound so fun. I know it's a TON of work though, and ya, I don't want to be in charge so I'm NOT complaining. love your projects. I think you should set up a camera sounds like funny stuff. ;)

Lindsey said...

I am glad we were able to figure out your sleeping issues.... there is nothing worse then lying awake all night while everyone else is sound asleep!

Rachel Ann said...

:) i know how no sleep feels.

my email is rachel.augustus@gmail.com

Beth said...

Patsy,
Our Ward has done away with the big super galactic day of crafts and just doing one night in each month of Sept, Oct and Nov to teach only one or two crafts each month. It seemed much much better and not so much crazy work as the full day was. I am glad they didn't drop it completely, it seems like a good compromise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails