Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Summer Goals Review

This morning I woke up and could really feel the fall air... it's been getting a little cooler every day. We even have enough cool air early in the day to turn of the air conditioner and cool down the house playing the "chase the shade" game. Opening windows in the shade while it is cool, and then closing them up when the sun comes around.
.
So feeling charitable towards "my boys" I made them some hot cocoa for their drive to work and school. Can you believe this? NO TAKERS!!!
It is the best hot cocoa ever, and nobody wanted any!!!

Oh well, it is the thought that counts. I know they appreciate me getting up at 530 am with them, and making lunches and getting them off to school and work and NOT going back to bed.
.
My strong silent mysterious man even commented one day last week, that one of his workers asked him to go grab a burger with him... and he declined the burger and told him that I got up every morning to make him a sandwich and he didn't want me to quit, so he better keep eating them (I think there is a token of appreciate in there somewhere).
.
By the way, just for the record, it wasn't my idea to get up with him, I would still be in bed if it were up to me, but he asked me one day if I would make him a sammie, so I did, just being nice and now I just feel guilty going back to bed... (I guess guilt inflicted charity counts) and it kind of stuck that I get allot done early in the morning and can get the teenager up and off for school by 630 am. It has become my quiet time of the morning before my daily walk.
.
So with fall coming in so quickly... I decided to review my summer list to see how I did with my newly resolve to set some goals and not let life slip away, but live it with some resolved purpose!
.
50 Things I want to do this summer
a1. Have a picnic and invite another family.
2. Go on a walk and take pictures of trees, flowers, dogs, etc.
a3. Have a garage sale.
4. Go for a bike ride.
5. Volunteer at the local animal shelter or library.
6. Clean under the bed!
a7. Bake some cupcakes and deliver them to friends for Family Night treat. Okay this wasn’t cupcakes, but I am counting the zucchini bread!
8. Have a game night with friends.
a9. Take the dogs for a walk.
a10. E-mail/write a friend I haven't spoken to in awhile.
a11. Practice my calligraphy
a12. Look through old family scrapbooks, photo books, and yearbooks.
13. Make a root beer float…. How did I miss this one!
a14. Go to the movies on the last day of school with Jacob.
a15. Go window-shopping Downtown.
16. Send a package to the missionary…. Working on this one for his bday, I sent letters.
a17. Can tomatoes/spaghetti sauce/fruit.
18. Give the dogs a bath.
a19. BBQ dinner on the grill.
20. Go to the $1 movie on Tuesdays for a lunch/dinner date.21. Have a slumber party in the living room and watch movies and eat pizza and popcorn.
22. Plan a vacation we want to take next summer.
a23. Plant grass seed in the bare patches in the yard.
24. Sign up for a class, and learn something new…. I might be able to count obedience class, but it wasn’t really what I had in mind for this one.
25. Have a bubble bath and do pedicures on each other with Jim.
26. Make a mixed CD of my favorite songs "The soundtrack of my life".
a27. Get a shaved ice.
28. Take BBQ and salads to the farm at Scott and Jodi’s and shoot archery.
a29. Color in a coloring book.
30. Read a book based on a movie I have seen.
31. Make a scrapbook of Jacob’s Halloween pictures… working on this one, but it’s not finished.
32. Have a craft day with Aunt Fay.
a33. Write in my journal everyday.
34. Spend the day at the library.
35. Draw or paint a picture.
36. Make a collage out of old magazines.
a37. Run around in the sprinklers.
38. Go to a Basque museum.
39. Go out for lunch with a friend.
40. Go swimming at the pool
41. Take Jim to PF Changs.
42. Make something on the sewing machine.
43. Invite friends over and have a cold drink blender party.
44. Swing on the swings at the park.
45. Tie-Dye a t-shirt or bed sheets with Kool-Aid!
a46. Make smoothies.
47. Learn how to define and spell 5 new words from the dictionary.
a48. Make homemade ice cream.
49. Put on the radio and dance.
50. Camp out in the backyard!
.
I didn't do too bad on the list... for not being very good at setting and keeping goals.
.
But I did find as I reviewed some of the things I did this summer that were NOT on my list, that I actually had a really wonderful summer and didn't sit around waisting it away! There were lots of fun memories, and good times. And times with my teenager and my strong silent mysterious man that I wouldn't trade for the world!
.
Learned to sign "proud to be an American", spent some quality time with Uncle Fred, held a boxer puppy, slid down a human luge, saw a 3D movie, went to the fair, took a dog obedience class, made fruit leather, went to a farmers market, bbq with friends in the band, went back for a nostalgic trip to girls camp, had lunch with my strong silent mysterious man, watched the olympics, spent fathers day with family, had dinner with sister Debbie and Pat, was a drama queen at camp, survived identity theft, experienced the inside of a car wash (too fun), took my teenager to get his license, went to a Boston concert, went to a company picnic on the snake river, visited with cousins Troy and Connie, found the teenagers baptism pictures, cleaned out the garage, watched a sunset, went on a sweet 16 date with my teenager, got front row tickets to Ted Nugent, watched nephew Tali play with the Fever in Boise, survived a computer virus attack, got my boys to wear matching t-shirts with me, went for a drive to Bogus Basin, attended a baptism, celebrated my blogaversary!

4 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

You've done some great things this summer! I wish I would've made a list like you did!

Anonymous said...

I would love some hot cocoa... keep it warm... I'll be there soon.

patsy said...

that's a great idea the list- how do you make check marks? I am down deep technically challenged all the blogging is just a decoy.

Beth said...

Patsy ~ To get check marks, change the font to webdings.. and the letter a is a check mark.

I am thinking about a fall list... there are so many things you can only do in the fall and it comes and goes so fast. But it's my favorite season so I want to get the most out of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails