Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday ~ Mom!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Today is my Mom's birthday... she is a wonderful Mom and I love her so much!
Here are some random thoughts about my Mom.
-
She has many names... Mom, Mamma, Nene, Grandma, Grandma Della, Della Mae, Aunt Della, and Della; and all of them are names she is often referred to with great love and affection. I don't know what name was used when she was in trouble by her parents.
-
She has taught me so many things in my life; but these are some of the things that she taught me by her example... it's "graceful" to let your hair turn grey and not try and die it back to it's original color behind it's time, it's okay to pray anytime and any place, when you laugh out loud it means for that one moment you aren't worried or stressed about your children and life can be fun, always have a basic black dress and a nice pair of pumps (without scuffs) in your wardrobe, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, honor your parents and respect your elders, push your sleeves up and help because many hands make light work, and it is better to give than to receive, and it really is the simple things in life that your kids will remember and cherish.
-
My Mom has taught me so much about being true to myself, being a good Mom to my son, and how to be a great grandmother hopefully some day. I appreciate her so much for being the grandmother (aka Nene) to my son that is fun, laughs with him, is always willing to get down and play games with him, believes in him, and is also able to back us up as his parents and respects our boundaries of rules and wishes for him.
-
There are things I have learned from her that I couldn't have learned from anyone else but my Mother.
-
Thanks Mom, for putting up with me through my ugly teenage years when I didn't like it when .... you laughed too loud, all of my friends loved you (even when I was mad at you), you wanted to know where I was and who I was with, and when you were always concerned and wanted to talk about what was going on in my life.
-
Because now that I have my own teenager, those are some of the things that I LOVE MOST ABOUT YOU!!!!
-
Happy Birthday Mom!
I Love you!!!

2 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Della! Beth - I love your new blog layout... very cute!

Lindsey said...

That is so great you have such a wonderful relationship with your mother... you are one lucky gal Beth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails