Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Monday...

We didn't really have anything fun planned over the long weekend... and Monday I ran some errands and did my grocery shopping (what a mistake, it was soooooo crowded out there), and I worked on some laundry and house cleaning... but since it was so far behind, I didn't even put a dent in it... UGggggg!
I always feel like we kind of sell ourselves short by not taking better advantage of the extra days off together, but we almost always enjoy Labor Day at home avoiding any end of summer camping crowds or out of town traffic; and mostly catch up on our rest.

My bff gave us some corn from their garden, so I got it all bagged up and in the freezer. It is so fresh and sweet, Yum!

I had been wanting to make homemade ice cream all summer and we had not even made one batch! So when we had an invite to go to some friends, I knew just what I would take with us... ice cream!

I tried a new recipe with pudding in it... they say it makes it more creamy and not ice up when you freeze any left overs (yeah right). And that way you can use any pudding flavors available to flavor your ice cream... so I tried it with Lemon pudding!

It was yummy, but even more yummy than just plain, was when we put some peach slices on top just before eating it... really yummy, then ever way more yummy than that, was when we topped it off with some peach cobbler right out of the oven.... super duper fabulous yummy!!!

The boys played some music...

The kids were entertaining as they always are... I loved this when the little ones were feeding each other. How sweet is that....
Of course with music, there is always a dancer in the house...
And it wouldn't be complete until someone got hurt playing football...

.

okay, nobody got hurt this time... but it's really just a matter of time, isn't it?

A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you get to be tall most of the time. I never do. But I always remember dynamite comes in small packages.

Related Posts with Thumbnails