Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Youth Night at the Church...

Wednesday night is when the youth at our church have activities. Last night I heard they were playing co-ed kickball, so I figured if they were outside I would wander over and take some pictures. By the time I got there, most of the kids had gone inside the church and were socializing waiting on some special treats the older girls brought to share. Just a few die-hards still outside playing! Of course my boys were among them.
And my Strong Silent Mysterious Man is the Scout Master over the 12 and 13 year olds. So 2J's is not in his group anymore, but still enjoys going on the camp outs with his Dad and the younger kids... he seems to enjoy their fun nature, and they are not afraid to get dirty.

We always tease my husbands co-leader, he blends right in with the boys because he looks soooo young (in the stripes). We send him into the youth dances (he still has some pretty cool moves) and he can be our adult spy on the kids to find out if they are planning any mutinies against us.
The 14-15 year old boys are just too cool for themselves (they are hard to live with too), and they will eat you out of house and home.
But mostly they flirt with these silly girls.
I love the Youth! They keep me on my toes, and help me remember to laugh
when I am too serious!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails