Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2007

Pinewood Derby Race...


Pinewood Derby Race... the Silver Streak is complete and ready to compete!
Great turnout! I guess these boys just needed a little competition to get out of their recliners.

First the wives do the judging...
Coolest and Dorkiest


The racing begins...

And we race....

And Race...

Hey that car doesn't have any wheels on it.... The silver streak took second place twice in the same lane, against the same three cars. So they picked the no. one car and he moved up. Not normally how that is done... but it's all just for fun, right?

The first place car... "All American"

The Coolest Car... "BYU Blue"
The Dorkiest Car... "Kit" (still in the box, didn't quit get finished)
The boys were good, everyone had a fun time, no tears were shed...

But my Strong Silent Mysterious Man had a thought... (he's always thinking this one) he hadn't brought out the "graphite" yet (that's the stuff that turns everything black, but makes the wheels go faster or something like that). The race was over, the winner claimed his prize...

But after some fine tuning, he was able to "con" the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cars to race against him after his final pit stop.... they agreed and were confident with their wins.

He actually told me to be sure and announce that he BLEW THEM ALL AWAY ~ 3 times each!! So everyone in our house will sleep good tonight knowing that the #3 car "The Silver Streak" was really #1 when all was said and done!

Boys and their toys! GOOD GRIEF!!
He may not be a winner on the record books, but he is #1 in my book!!

5 comments:

patsy said...

Dang! someone buy him a trophy he got ripped off. My strong competitive nature is coming through- hey Jim should've totally won.

Beth said...

I had to keep my hands over his mouth to keep him from Yelling out for a re-match!

Jacob was babysitting in the nursery with the little kids, and when we were telling him on the ride home, he was even shaking his head at his Dad.... "Dad you didn't embarrass yourself over it did you?"
And he is competitive too!
But we have to see these people again... ya know!

It was a fun night regardless!

PaD said...

He is a winner in my book.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Beth! I am so glad that you found my blog! I have been reading yours and I love it... I was going back through your posts and I found the one about the All Bran Crackers and Laughing Cow Cheese... that exact thing became my favorite snack about a month ago! Crazy huh? I know that we may not be blood relatives, but I feel like there is a lot of you in me...must have something to do with the name:) I love you!

always,
Aimee Beth

Beth said...

Thanks Mom, he sure is a keeper.

Aimee Beth - That is crazy! I am totally convinced it's so much more than the name... when I read your 100 list, I was amazed at the simularities.

Love and Hugs,
Beth

Related Posts with Thumbnails