Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fun times at the Ranch...


We have some friends that live out on a Ranch and raise beef cattle for a living. It's pretty common here, but me being a "city girl", it is so fascinating to me to go hang out and hear about how they live, and day in and out happenings on the Ranch.
We call their place "the compound" because Mom and Dad live in the big house, and one brother and his family live in another house on the property, and then another brother and his family have another house on the property... all one big happy family out there, and they seem to look out for each other.
What is that saying "the family that sweats together stays together"... yep when it's harvest time, they are all out working the fields and gathering hay, kids and all, early mornings before school, and late nights until the work is done. It takes a whole different breed, I tell you.

So we have them hooked on our newest hobby, Archery!
They are loving it now too... and have a target set up out in the field... so we went over to play for a while, shooting.
Yeah, we let Dad think he is a good shot, sometimes we have to let him win so he doesn't pout or lock us out (he he he, just kidding, kind of).

Their kids LOVE 2J's!! He adores children... and they all sleep good after getting together, because he plays hard with them.


Of course there is always dogs to be loved on out there, and he has a super soft heart for puppies (who doesn't... AWWWWWW!!).

I guess he takes after his Dad, his soft spot is for the babies!
This little guys name is Colt, but they call him Tater, somehow it fits now... I just hope he grows up to be a cowboy like his Dad, I'm not sure how Tater would fly on Wall Street in Armani.

2 comments:

patsy said...

Tater- that is so cute! I love seeing cows. I remember taking my kids & jake to carnation farms, back when we lived in pacific. There is no where around here like that- that I know of.

Beth said...

Sounds like were totally missing out anyway... California has all the Happy Cows! (I love those commercials)

Related Posts with Thumbnails