Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

9/11


Yesterday was such a busy day for me... meetings at the local college at 8am, then out to the country for another meeting at 10am, then downtown in the City for another meeting at 1pm... it was "meeting day". Who knew I was so popular!
I've mentioned I detest meetings right!

As I left the building and realized I was across the street from the Capital Bldg and I saw the flags at half mast and realized the date. It was just a very somber feeling that came over me there. I remember being at home getting ready for work when my Mom called me on that morning 6 years ago to turn on the news. She was on the East Coast and couldn't get home for a week after it happened due to all the crazy flight changes. I watched as the second plane hit, and the rest of the events unfolded. I couldn't even wrap my mind around what they were reporting. I remember wanting to go pick up my kid from school and just have him with me. I was a single Mom at the time. It brought back home to me that in times of trials... it really all comes down to family. That is what I wanted with me most during times of sorrow and pain, is my family and friends close by and safe. It was easy to let go of petty things that tend to take up my time.

I made sure I would take some time after my crazy day yesterday when I got home, that I would watch some of the tributes to those whose lost their lives and what it meant, and means to now. There were some great stories shared, and beautiful tributes and memories of those more closely affected by that tragic event 6 years ago.


Apparently I should have spent more time at home with my dogs... Morgan needed me yesterday and almost never never get's in trouble, but had some issues yesterday.

Someone left a paper towel on the side table, no doubt covered in some remnance of yummy food, probably with sugar... (was it really her fault?) she knew it was wrong, but it was so tempting! Like any child, she hates to dissapoint us, and can't stand to be in trouble.

Also, Like any kid, she get's over it pretty quickly and forgets her troubles.
A lesson I should learn about "Forgive and Forget", "Don't Worry, Be Happy", "Sing a Little Song, Do a Little Dance". "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". Yep, I learn allot of lessons from my four legged little friends! They know way more than I give them credit.

5 comments:

patsy said...

all those meetings? what for?

Beth said...

Good Question ~ I have 5 different clients I do bookkeeping and other work for, and occasionally I have meet with them in person... so this time it just worked out these fell on the same day. I was happy to get that all out of the way at one time.
The one in the city is also the State Superintendent (as well as owning a local business) so he is hard to catch up with and never handy, so I have to go to his office downtown accross from the Capital Bldg. It get's me out of the house AND out of my pj's into a suit once in a while... so really it is good for me in that way.

Beth said...

So basically it is self inflicted torture that I'm complaining about!

I will have to get a brighter outlook on some of this stuff... didn't mean to make it sound so grim.

Panda said...

Beth I am really impressed with your blogging!!
I decided I should try to figure it out and start one of my own.

Maybe when I am out your way you can show me some tricks to blogging.... for one I see you always have your camera ready to take pictures :)

I enjoy your stories and I don't think you have a bad additude!!

Beth said...

Oh goodie Panda!
Yep I am hooked, it's so much fun!
It's just been a super great way for me to be creative, and it makes me really think about my day and recognize and be grateful for all the things I love in life!
I can get you hooked for sure, and you are so creative, you will be great at it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails