Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Recapturing Beauty Challenge, Day 3; 10 Positive Things...

THE CHALLENGE:

10 POSITIVE THINGS


Make a list of 10 positive things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with your appearance--and 10 positive things you like about your appearance.

10 things you like about yourself:
  1. I am easy to get along with, and look for something good in everyone.
  2. I have a great work ethic.
  3. I am a good listener.
  4. I have a tender heart with compassion.
  5. I am a good defensive driver.
  6. I appreciate small simple things in life.
  7. I am a good buddy to share popcorn with at the movies.
  8. I am a happy morning person.
  9. I am creative.
  10. I am patient.

10 things you like about your appearance:

  1. I am a good height, taller than average, but not obvious.
  2. My eyes look good in blue.
  3. I have healthy hair.
  4. My hands - they are strong, flexible and coordinated.
  5. I have a graceful "gate" when I walk (I know I am not a horse.... I just couldn't think of the right word for this in people).
  6. My smile is infectious.
  7. I have a confident outer appearance.
  8. I wear cute shoes.
  9. I have a good handshake.
  10. I like my body hair as a Blonde, so I don't have to deal with facial hair or gnarly hair on the top of my toes, and have never had to shave the tops of my legs.

Your perception of yourself includes the physical. We won’t pretend it’s not important--physical factors are part of the mortal world we live in. We’ve challenged you to make two lists because both your inner and outer beauty affect you--and there will be times you feel insecure about both. Refer back to your lists and remember the positive.


Was it easier to come up with things you like about yourself, or things about your appearance?


It was so much harder to come up with things about my appearance than it was about myself, neither was easy. I really had to stretch to get 10 things I love about my appearance. I am still a work in progress. I still have much to learn and do on this challenge, because everything I wrote, I kept wanting to put a disclaimer after it, on both lists (like except when, or only because, or other than this, or most of the time, etc.). I have more work to SHUT DOWN that negative self talk. It's very chatty and annoying now that I am trying to focus on how beautiful I am. It's totally getting in the way. And has gotta go! I can really feel my happiness factor soar when I am able to shut the negative out. And I gain a confidence to be an even better more beautiful me when I am happy! And then I want to share it with everyone I know! Oh look out, I might be creating a monster!! As long as it's a happy monster like Sully I can deal with that (smile).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails