Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Pioneer Handcart Trek...

I heard officially last night, that our Stake is planning our next Pioneer Handcart Trek for 2011.
.
The only details I know is that we will go to Martins Cove the 1st week of August 2011.
.
So if I am still serving in the Stake young women then, I hope Jim and I will get to go!
.
The teenager will be on his mission! Wow, that is a crazy feeling to think about right now!! But I can't think of a better way to pass the time while he is gone, than to be going on a trek to Martins Cove. He will be crushed he doesn't get to go though, he has wanted to go back every since we got home in 2006.
.
If you don't know anything about a pioneer handcart trek, ask me! We got to experience this as a family the summer of 2006. And it was a life changing event for each of us!! We loved it!!!
.
I am SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!

5 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even have words to tell you how excited I am for the stake. Trek still is the best experience I have had in my entire life.

She Loves To Make said...

How awesome! I was able to do pioneer trek twice and loved it both times. I hope you get to go!

Unknown said...

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHOOOOOO! That is FABULOUS NEWS! The Trek was monumental in our lives, and chelsea missed it by 2 weeks. She Is going to be soooooooooo excited! I am so excited...wonder if we will get to help...? :) Our lives were SOOO BLESSED form that! Our stake Presidency is so inspired and wonderful. I Love them. CAn't wait to see what the Lord has in store...
YOu just made my day...again! :) XOXO

Emily Jane said...

Really?! Awesome! I wish i could go again! hm...How could i make that possible? Natalie is gonna be ecstatic!

Beth said...

I KNOW!!! Isn't it wonderful!

Jacob is SOOOOOOOO sad, but knowing he is trading it for a mission... he is recovering!

We are really excited for our stake too Rachel, regardless if we get to go or not, it's HUGE and terribly exciting... but crossing our fingers we might be asked again! (and that deisel and food prices don't go sky high either... it's scheduled, but anything could happen still).

Related Posts with Thumbnails