Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biggest Loser...

I am so excited the Biggest Loser is back on again.
It is so inspiring to me... not just the crazy amount of weight the contestants are able lose in a week, but how their minds and lifestyles change (or don't).
.
You can hear them the first week, "stuck" in their habits and still listening to all those negative thoughts that are going through their heads (by the way God would never say those terrible things to us, ever, so where are they coming from?... yep, oohhh he is so evil) saying
"Oh I can't do it, it's too hard".
.
Jim got trapped watching it with me, and he was making fun that when they first arrived from home, they were all gungho and talking about how they are going to take advantage of this second chance in life... and only 45 min. into the show they are giving up and quitting (and puking). The trainers were amusing to him too! When Bob explains how you have to burn more than you take in and the deficit is the amount of weight you lose... he was LOL mocking and saying what a great concept, I have been telling you that for years honey. (okay, maybe I don't want him to watch it with me... he was kind of wrecking it for me... Mr. know it all still wearing the same size jeans since high school).
.
But season after season after season... they come to a place in their journey (some earlier that others), and they will discover they CAN do it... that their bodies respond to what they ask it to do, time after time. Even at very heavy weights. And when they push themselves, they can do more than they think they can. And by the end of the season, the theme at the finale is always, "when I got my head out of the way, my body could do it".
.
I have been working on my own personal "big lose"... It is a huge journey for me, but I have a big goal to get to by Jacob's graduation in the spring. So that is pretty motivating for me! I have been overweight since he was born, and he has only ever known me this way. And it is definitely NOT who I am!! So I am working to show myself and to show him, who I really am and what I am capable of!
.
I have a friend who is "living her journey outloud" and sharing it on her blog. I have a private blog going to journal my progress and victories. But it takes some kind of courage that I just don't have yet to "live life outloud". I might share glimpses here, but I am still working on the courage to get over being judged, and feeling the strength within to share my journey "outloud". But I totally LOVE the concept and I am so proud of you Melody!!
.
Look out world, when I find my courage!

7 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Now how come I didn't get those skinny Dayley genes that Jim has? I already can't fit in my pants from HS lol. I'm blaming it on the baby...
I love the biggest loser too. I only got to catch the last half hour but I think it is so inspiring! The results are amazing! I love how the girl that got sent home last night has lost 60 lbs since she's been home! I can't wait for the rest of the season!

Kristi M. said...

I was so bummed that I missed it because of Enrichment. I couldn't get out of it either because I was teaching a class. I love this show. It is always so interesting to me how they change from beginning to end. Physically the difference is so there. I can easily see how one can fall back to their old ways when they get home. No more dedicated days to exercise and eating right...home life quickly comes into play. I hope that you find the courage to share your journey. It may benefit many more. Others that you don't even know that stumbled upon your blog. I would think that by letting others in on your journey, we could cheer you along and encourage you along the way.

Beth said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kristi... I will ponder it seriously.

Unknown said...

Way to go Beth! I am SOOOOOO proud of you for even taking this step! And let me assure you...Living outloud has been better than I imagined. I have had daily encouragement from people I NEVER imagined. It has truly blessed my life and been that extra umph I have needed. A little positive "peer pressure" can go a long way. But all kidding aside, I didn't even think I would go live with everyone... it just sort of happened... like the spirit was pushing me off the fence. Seriously not pre contimplated. And I don't regret a minute...well maybe the first few after I hit "POST" And then thought what in the world have I done!... Then the positive feedback started flooding in. As I sat there with tears streaming down my face... I realized that #1 I'm not alone! #2 My center of influence wants to see me succeed and are willing to stand by me and cheer me... #3 I realized I had finaly made the change in my mind that life was going to be different from here on out. Just like when I got on that bus in Louisiana to start a new life at age 12...remembber me telling you about that at camp..?

As far as people judging you... we are the hardest on ourselves more judgmental than anyone ( come on... we see ourselves naked right... :)). The ones who matter most love us and want the best for us. And the ones that aren't... that's their journey.

I agree with Kristi, you will have an impact on the lives of others as you share. We have no idea what God has in store...

"Don't be afraid of your light. It is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! When you choose to... let your own light shine, you unconsciously give others permission to do the same."

I have been hearing from so many people already that I am inspiring them. It feels crazy, and motivating and wonderful.

If and when you are ready to "go-Live," just know that you may find your self experiencing tears of joy from the rallying of loved ones. I'll be cheering from the other end of the computer and more...:)

Beth it is an amazing thing to just let go... and let God!

I love you Beth and I believe in you! You have already been a light to me. Thank you for being one of my biggest cheer leaders! Thank you for following my blog, and for sharing and opening your life to me. You are already inspiring.

Remember..." I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...& ...with God NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Onward and upward Beth! Celebrate your VICTORIES large and small. I Believe In you!

Oh and I totally understand the DH comment. I am married to a 6'4 can eat whatever he wants one...:)

M said...

I am working on losing my Idaho Mission fat (40 pounds) I want to lose 20 pounds of it. I have been going to the gym 4 to 6 times a week to lose. I have lost 10. In fact I was at the gym running on the treadmill and The Biggest Loser was on and I got so into it that I realized I ran the most I ever had (3.5 miles). I have seen the show ocassionaly, It does help watching the show and relating with the winners or people that you can do whatever you push and put your mind to it.

Beth said...

Mike, I have been reading your little posts and on facebook and such about workouts and I am so impressed! Keep up the good work! Wow! your already half way to your goal... awesome!

Beth said...

Melody,
Thank you, thank you, thank you... I appreciate your example and your thoughts. I do remember your story... deepy, and think about it all the time when I read your blog. I too had a "get on that bus" time of my life, and leaped with only faith towards a new life. I hadn't related that to my weight loss journey, but it sure is a source of courage to tap into and know that "through Christ who strengthens me I CAN do all things ...& ...with God NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

Recognizing that "I" have a light that shines, that could be a light for others... is a little harder for me to wrap my mind around, but I do know of my worth in Gods eyes, and I want to live up to that.

Love and BIG Hugs to you... thanks for your support!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails