Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Think Summer...

Summertime always sneaks up on me.
I usually dig my feet in when it comes to change... but I try to embrace the change of seasons. It's one of my favorite things... the change of seasons!
.
Summertime change can bring...
.
Quality time with my teenager
.
change of foods.. grilling, fruits, salads, garden veggies, yum.
.
I always seem to change my hair for summer (more highlights this year)
.
summer goals (that was fun to blog last year... I am working on them for this year)
.
Summer job for the teenager (hmm what will he do this year)
.
church girls camp (it's becoming a regular part of my summer traditions)
.
the change in weather (trying to embrace this... I am a winter girl, not a fan of the hot sun, but learning the bliss of water, it keeps you cooler when you are hydrated, and it's fun to play in with the dogs)
.
changing my schedule... all the work has to be done early before it gets too hot outside
.
changes around town - the local farmers market, and museums and the Friday night outdoor bands at the train depot and the music festivals at the park
.
the change in the sun... summer sunrises and sunsets are so beautiful and hopefully it brings a change of pace to go see them from a new place or maybe vacation spot
.
change of dreams... my dreams are different in the summertime
.
changing entertainment... summer movies are so fun, and totally different than winter movies about elfs and grinches (which I love too)
.
change of colors... in clothes and decor in the house; and I love summer sheets on the beds.
.
change in sounds and smells... I love the smell of fresh cut grass, and bbq's outside... and the sounds of running sprinklers in the early mornings and the wind chimes on the back porch on a cool breezy evening.
.
I am beginning to "Think Summer"... it is definitely a time to cherish the moments!!

1 comment:

M said...

I want some new ray ban wayfarer's like those ones. I love your blog! Keep up the great posting. My blog isn't as awesome as yours haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails