Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Retreat to Cascade...

Tuesday and Wednesday I went on a girls retreat to Cascade, ID.
It is a horrible time of year for me to "get away"... the last week of school, the end of the season for one of my clients, and trying to get things planned and organized for girls camp... I was just too busy to take time off for "me". But one of my friends in our ward decided that we really needed and just HAD to do this. I am not sure how I was selected to go, maybe from "the dark circles under your eyes club" or something... so I decided since I was being drug along, I should just make the most of it.
(Don't get me wrong, I really thought it was a good idea, but just not too enthusiastic to go THIS week... I was hoping later in the summer, when I had things more under control, and was less stressed).
But we packed up and headed out....
The drive up to the mountains was gorgeous!

The lupine filled meadows...

Oh and how I LOVE bridges!!!
I had to get a photo of every body of water I could find... we stopped at every lake so I could get a photo... the water was so peaceful, and I saw an eagle flying over, but didn't have my camera ready.
We went into the town of McCall... I love this little town, and have always wanted to go for winter carnival and ski Brundage, and come see all the ice sculptures, it is the cutest little snow village. But I have only ever been here in the summer.

One place we were sure not to miss was the candy company... yum the best chocolate around.
And right at the end of the main street... the lake and marina...
And can you believe it, we have beaches in Idaho!
I had to go put my feet in the water...
We were determined to have a good time in the midst of all this beauty...
The water is always a big draw for me... I miss all the waters surrounding Seattle...

So lots of photos near the waters edge, and the mountains still had a little snow on them. (must be why the water was soooo cold...duh)

The other side of the lake...
And a self portrait by...
yes, the lake!

I was exhausted when I got home, I must have had a fresh air overload. But a good time was had by all.

6 comments:

Panda said...

Beth I hope you enjoyed your trip and were able to get a few knots out of your rope while soaking up fun and all the water. I am sure the work load was still waiting for you when you got home but I am glad you got out and had a lil girl fun *smile*
BTW you look Marvelous sis!!!

Lindsey said...

I love McCall.... I grew up spending so much time there (we had a cabin) it will always hold a special place in my heart... it is very different now then it use to be.. if you like it now you would have LOVED it then.

Robert and Kristen said...

Looks like so much fun, and how could you not have fun with such great women to go with! We really miss all of you up in Idaho!

HeidiT said...

It's great to see the pictures. My mom had a GREAT time - she has such wonderful friends in you guys and thank you so much for being apart of the trip. I'm really grateful to you all for helping her have some time away and to herself.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures and a terrific blog. How fortunate you are to have such wonderful friends to include you in their retreat! ....and you have a toe ring!!!!! Love and hugs, Mom

She Loves To Make said...

What a fun trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails