Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Puppy play...

This is some of our dog playtime that amuses me...
.
This was taken a while back
(my strong silent mysterious man is only running like this at work these days... I am not seeing him upright long enough at home for this kind of playtime)
He walks Taylor down to the end of the street, puts her on a "down stay" command and then gets a huge head start, walks almost all the way back to the house, and then releases her and starts running to see who can beat who back to the front door.
She always wins, even when he cheats like this!

This one is our little Rudy... he thinks he is a big dog at our house!

He has convinced the 2 big dogs that he is the toughest and the "alpha" male in the house. As you can see Taylor will bow down and give into his attitude if he will just play with her. This is pretty typical playtime for them, and it's all fun until Rudy accidentally gets a slapped by a paw or a tail or something and then he is done and play time is all over! If the big dogs ever figure out he is really just a scooby snack, it might be a different world at our house... but so far everyone seems to be happy with the dynamics the way they are. And a good time is had by all!

(you can hear if we encourage him and egg him on, he really thinks he is tough)

And this clip is Morgan giving hugs... we found out one day quite by accident that this head burying thing is her way of giving hugs. She does it better on her own, than under command... but you can see if I beg, she will reluctantly still give out a hug or two.

I really love our dogs, they are a handful sometimes. But all the puppy play and super snuggly hugs, make me happy, and reminds me why I do all that I do to have them in my home and in my life. I love them so much!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the video of Jim racing Taylor... too funny!

Anonymous said...

Priceless!!! I do love my grandogs! They are the best. Nene

Related Posts with Thumbnails