Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

More girl fun ~ girls camp meeting...

Summer girls camp planning usually begins right after last years camp ends! This past year, I think we actually started coming up with some ideas during a rest break at the pool DURING camp.
.
Some of the details and planning can be a chore, but mostly it's so fun, exciting, and inspiring!
.
So by this time of year, we are in full swing training the youth camp leaders. Yesterday morning was another camp meeting... I have been so busy, it came up really fast for me. I had my share of things ready, but it just felt rushed.
.
We had a team building, unity game for the girls that tied in a spiritual message at the end... and if this doesn't get you in the mood for girls camp, you may never be ready!
I love laughing with these girls... laughter heals the heart!
I feel so honored to be trusted in teaching and serving with them. Their is an incredible strength that comes from their spirits, and their ability to adapt and fight the good fight against evil in the world today. They are surrounded by it and attacked by it everyday! And still they prevail, smiling all the way! They teach me more than I will ever teach them!
.
I can't wait for girls camp!
(remind me of my enthusiasm about the third day
of no sleep staying up late giggling and exhausted!)

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

You are so lucky you get to go to girls camp! How fun!

Rachel Ann said...

Oh I am so excited!!! And thanks for sharing a piece of my family with me again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails