Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The working man...

(he has two of these bad boys to fix this week... 4500 horse power!!)
I have been feeling a little neglected lately from the lack of attention by my strong silent mysterious man... he is really busy at work, it's super crazy busy for him. I am really grateful for all the work he has, especially during this time in our economy... really grateful!!!
.
Just when I think he will have some time for ME (it sounds so selfish when I actually say it out loud, I am working on my neediness)... the dreaded water pump/motor for the irrigation system on our street needs to be pulled out and taken to the shop for repairs.
.
So for our family night fun, we got to play in the mud. Thankfully we have great neighbors and they are willing to help him out.

We are really grateful he knows how to do this stuff... it would cost us a fortune in labor otherwise... we are so blessed.

Back down in the creepy dark damp hole!

They are actually both down in that hole... it's super deep, but just wide enough to climb down in on a ladder.

Good thing our neighbor is a monkey; I have a feeling I would have been picked next to shimmy up to the top of things to tie off the rope. Phew!
I really was just trying to stay out of the way, hand in tools or hold bolts, and still ended up filthy muddy dirty... and this step, it actually came up over the top of my sandal... SLURP, YUK!
.
I am working on my attitude adjustment today; I admit I have been a few degrees off course. Trying to remember and cherish all of my abundant blessings. Honor the grace of God in my life! Not take anything or anyone for granted. And show my gratitude to Him!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

ooohhh... that is a creepy dark hole!

Related Posts with Thumbnails