Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

Cherishing every moment...

My realization this morning that I might NOT be cherishing every moment...
inspired me to dust off my camera again; I have been horrible at taking pictures lately.
My family was used to me taking a shot, even at ridiculous times that didn't seem significant... but when I look back through my online journal blog... every one of those moments are so precious to me. Big or small, I want to cherish and remember them all.
.
So all soaked up in these mushy feelings... I longed to see my strong silent mysterious man today! So I called him to see if he could take time out for lunch... he is super busy and mostly working right through lunch these days. But he agreed!

So we ran over to the local burger joint... and when I pulled out my camera to get the cute hand written sign of specials in a self portrait of the two of us, he rolls his eyes and says "oh jeez"! The place was filled with all kinds of manly worker types who flock into one of the only places to grab a bite in this tiny town. He is such a good sport! And he hasn't lost that loving feeling and agree to let me take the photo.

.

I left after lunch with him and stopped by the high school and dropped off a surprise in the teenagers golf clubs in the car, so he would find it before his tournament tonight. I forgot to get a picture... I was so busy looking over my shoulder to make sure I wouldn't get caught leaving campus by the principles parking lot guard. But I did take a min. to leave him a good luck note... and I think he will enjoy his surprise.

Food is definitely the way to this kids heart.

.

Cheesy, I know... but it's hard to cherish the moments, without including my favorite people in some way. So this is me cherishing Friday lunch break and my boys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails