Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

Change of hats...

I love black and white photography... and I saw these "Spring Hats in Paris" photos on the web. And while I don't love hats, they do remind me of my sister, she loves hats, and has the correct attitude to pull them off, and can have fun with them.
.
So I decided to tell my story with hats today... since she was really my inspiration!
To adjust my attitude, and put on a new hat!
I woke up pondering... what would I DECIDE to do today?
Questioning myself and my ability to accomplish anything I could dream.
Feeling coy and unsure.Knowing there was so much in life for me to see and experience today.
I had a quick chat with my sister, we shared and encouraged each other.
We really have to have more of these conversations... we don't talk enough in our busy lives!I heard her say... I am trying to be "like you" and really cherish the beauty around me... it hit a chord with me. I am so busy worrying about what I am to accomplish, I am accomplishing and cherishing nothing... and then beating myself up about it.


So I need to put on my confidence, grab my camera, and get out there and cherish and LOVE my life today! Put on a new hat!
With grace and humility, of course!
Look out world, here I come!

4 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

This is such a good thought. Thank you!!!

Donna Lynn said...

You are really going to have to write for a living one day... now I know exactly what I need... a new hat. Love ya DLB

Panda said...

I love hats too.
your sis (my SIL) gave me a very cute hat that I just love *smile*

I also cherish the way you look at things and find beauty all around, and are able to put it into words for all of us to enjoy.
Thank you Beth for this wonderful blog.
Big sis Panda

Anonymous said...

Beth, all your blogs are great and help to keep my family close to my heart but this one is a Best Seller. I am going to wear a hat today! Love and hugs, Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails