Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yard Work...

I saw this cartoon and had to laugh... and then changed the name.
My teenager would do anything to get out of cleaning up after the dogs.
If he even knew this was an option, he would be doing it!
.
Our yard needs some desperate help... I am not even posting a before picture, it's so bad. We have a small flower bed area in the back yard that used to be so cute, with tulips and roses and a cute little white picket fence behind it.. but now the tree in it has officially died, the white fence clashes with the new tan fence they installed across the back of our property, and over the winter the dogs have turned it into a center arena for a self made race track... around the back side there is no hope of grass coming up and the dirt is even banked up high around the curve now.
.
It's sad, but I have finally convinced my strong silent mysterious man to help me relocate the living plants and dig up the fence (which is probably cemented in the ground... oh fun) and plant grass there.
.
Then my big hopes are to have my raised garden beds build along the back fence.
This will take quite an act at our house; because we have never taken on any yard projects together before.
.
But I am hopeful we can make it look better; and have a more efficient small space than the way it is now.
.
I may just HAVE to get a "before" picture, so when it is all beautiful, I can really appreciate the change, and share it. But I am not posting it until I have something beautiful to look at again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails