Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Can I help?

Spring time around here means...
the crops and grass need water, which means...
the irrigation pumps are all being fired up, which means...
my strong silent mysterious man is really really busy at work...
And as Murphys Law would have it... our local irrigation pump goes out the first day we start it up. So my man is always elected to take a look at it... I have posted about this issue in the past here, and I am sure it won't be the last post either.
.
I went to the pump house with him, to um, help; well more like keep him company and be of a little moral support if he smashes his finger or something??? I don't know? I just wanted to be with him.
.
So while he was "checking capacitors" and using all kinds of other motorous terms I pretended to know what he was talking about by nodding and saying "uhuhmm" once in a while, never having a clue... he finally put me to do some actual work... simple enough... "touch the black wires and then the red wires to that tester laying there, and tell me what it reads"...

I was kind of excited at first to get to help out... but then I asked him if there was any current that might screw up my pacemaker?

.

He rolled his eyes at me, and I was immediately back to being useless again!

(he wasn't mad, and didn't blame me or anything, but I was pretty much useless)

He still hasn't gotten it going yet, he keeps taking parts to work to test them out each day coming up with no answers as to why it isn't running, hoping he won't have to pull out the entire motor... but it isn't looking good. Luckily we just bought it last year, so it is still under warranty. But he will have to recruit some help and some lucky sole will get to crawl down in the dark creepy hole...

"not it"!

There may be a part two to the irrigation pump saga... stay tuned!

I am sure I will be close by and handy so I can irritate everyone by trying to photograph the moments! I haven't been very good at photo taking lately, so I picked a good time to pick it back up again! Grouchy working sweaty faces... yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I know you aren't as proficient as Jim with the work he is so very good at doing but I for one feel you are far more knowledgable than this blog reveals. No problem, some things are best left to the guys!!!!!
Love and Hugs, Mom

Beth said...

Thanks Mom... yes our strengths and weaknesses, luckily are so different! I think we compliment each other well.

When he is in his element I try to sit back and be quiet and just watch and listen... that is really hard for at times. I seem to have an opinion about everything... even when I know nothing about it... hmmm.
Practice makes perfect I suppose.
hee hee

Lindsey said...

LOL... this reminds me of Josha dn I... I always try to help and it ends up with Josh rolling his eyes at me over something, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails