Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bath time...

After the winter thaw, when the ground was the least bit damp, my dogs all found any and every little bare spot in the back yard where the lawn is dormant and managed to bring in enough mud packed into their little paws everyday to fill a stadium for a motor cross race!
.
Seriously, it was a chore to keep their feet clean coming in and out hundreds of times a day. It's their favorite activity to see how many times in a row I will respond to their requests to go outside before I will tell them NO!
.
It's kind of scary to ignore one of those whining requests... like little children, you just never know when they are crying wolf, when they are messing with you, and when it is the real deal. And when it's real, you never ever want to miss that opportunity, especially if they are ASKING!
.
However, I do have a little pack of wolf criers in this crew.
.
So they finally got the much anticipated baths to really clean out the paws and get a nice spring clean coat on.

They are all pretty good about bath time... and are patient until it is over.

Everyone gathers in our tiny bathroom watching each other, and waiting their turn.

It really looks all exciting when it's someone else's turn.
But Morgan realized pretty quickly when her turn came up, it wasn't all a bed of roses the other two made it look like.
"Seriously, you keep getting that water on my face"

That is not her favorite part... she hates getting her face wet. And Dad just gets the job done, he isn't super careful and nurturing protecting their eyes from just plain water.

"They are water dogs from Labrador... don't you know"? He reminds me, as I try and help protect them from a distance.
"Do you have to take those pictures now?" he says sounding very annoyed with me.
I better be quiet, or this job will be mine.
Dog baths and carpet cleaning... it's what he takes on, so I am not going to goof that up!
Shut your eyes if you don't want water in them!

This is totally just enduring until it's over!

Morgans hair gets super curly when she is wet... we always laugh at her, she looks totally adopted at our house, we all have the straightest hair!
.
I don't even have a shutter speed fast enough to catch them when bath time is over. They love running amuck, and chasing each other all over the house.
.
There is always one that spoils it for everyone though... we had to stop the running of the bulls when Taylor flew down the hall, out of the teenagers room, and cut the corner coming into the living room by leaping up and over the couch and glass side table clearing my fragile Easter Egg wreath standing on a 15" tall wreath hanger instead of going around the couch and table with the precious easter eggs displayed. Lets just say she was feeling good, but a little over confident for my taste and mood at the time!
.
It was kind of funny when I think about it because nothing got broke; she cleared it by a mile... but it was one of those occasions you can't laugh in front of the kids, or it encourages them.
I wish I had it on video!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch my granddogs get their bath. It looks like one of those things that is simply terrific once it is over. They are so precious. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Mom

PaD said...

That was fun to read. You're becoming a great writer. Keep up the good blog. I love it. Mom D

Related Posts with Thumbnails