Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Banana Bread...

Another great gift dropped off for us yesterday to balance out the cinnamon rolls... was some banana bread!
.
I am ready to dive into learning how to healthy up some recipes using whole wheat; and a friend of mine posted on her facebook page that she felt like a "homemaking goddess" while making some whole wheat bread. So I have been bugging her for recipes and hints and trying to let her make all the newbie mistakes and learn from her; rather than diving in to fast and making them on my picky eaters and them never eating whole wheat anything again!
.
Sorry to make you out to be the Guinea Pig Ann, but with your great timing it just worked out that way, and your doing a super job!!! They scarfed up the banana bread and didn't even notice it was whole wheat. I almost didn't get a photo before it was all gone! I can't lie if they ask what is in it. But if they don't ask, I figure it's all on a need to know basis.
.
I hope this is something I can learn and begin to adapt into my repetoir! I am finally absorbing some of the knowledge taught all these years of all the good properties of wheat and the benefits to our bodies as we cook with it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails