Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Theme song ~ for ALL the money!

Yesterday, I went to visit my friend who suffered a stroke in December. I was nervous, it had been a long time since we were together. I hadn't seen her at all during the past few months of her recovery. But the minute we were together, it was like no time had passed. So awesome! We communicated perfectly.
She is still working on her speech recovery and still has some trouble finding words. It's like all her words are in filing cabinets in her head and some are used allot, so they are readily available. But some get stuck in locked cabinets and she knows they are in there, but just can't get to them to use them. She knows immediately when she grabs the wrong word.
Yesterday she had me laughing out loud! She would be telling me all about something, and then get stuck trying to find one of those locked up words... then... I would hear her humming? At first I was confused and thought she had lost her focus, then I realized it was the theme song from "Jeapordy"!!! It was so hilarious... she is so whitty, I was cracking up. She totally knew it was like being in the quiet moment trying to come up with the correct answer for ALL the money when they play the famous theme music!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails