Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2009

Men at Work...

No... not the 80's band from down under!
.

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man has been working up in the mountains this past week. We don't get cell service, so I miss my daily phone call home at lunch time. But he was thoughtful enough to bring some pictures from the job site! It is so beautiful... but when I heard how cold it got, I was happy to be in my warm house keeping the home fires burning so to speak.

This is so funny, he is not a "strike a pose" kind of guy.
But he does look cute in the hard hat.


I was listening, but I could not begin to describe what he told me they were doing up there, I mostly heard... bla bla bla, at the dam, bla bla bla a motor, bla bla bla.

(Sorry darlin'... it was interesting, I just don't retain those kinds of things.)

Their work was down inside this cement hole... I remember that part, because it looked like the very least appealing place to be on the entire site to me.
Check out how huge this crane is compared to the guy standing to the left.... it's huge.
Now look at what a tinker toy it looks like on the site at the dam.
.
These next two are my favorite pictures... they speak volumes to me!This one because he has been paying attention to me and learned that self portraits are important and necessary for the blogging experience, and if at all possible must include the location! He nailed it!
(I think he does pay closer attention to me and my day, than I do to him and his day)
And this one because he has a special eye and is always the one to see special things on drives like cute animals or rainbows that no body else seems to notice (it's a blessing and a curse, he is also the special one that if there is going to be something weird found in the food at a restaurant, like a rock or bug, or a nasty hair it will always be on his plate).
.
He mostly enjoys these things and you never know he has spotted something cool. He is calm, cool and collected about it. He might mention something later, "hey did you see that"? Content that he might have been the only one.
.
So I am very impressed he was thoughtful enough to take a picture to bring home and share this one with me.

4 comments:

Johnna said...

I have go to say that the pose took me by surprise. Love it! It does look pretty intense in the pictures but right up his alley! Love you guys!

Lindsey said...

What dam is that? It is pretty wherever he is!

Beth said...

The dam is called Arrowrock. I have heard it a million times now, but didn't know if that was the name of the company, or the town, or the road or what? It's the dam.

patsy said...

Oh boy- trent is going to freak when he sees this!!!

I can't wait to show him in the morning-

the pose- love it ;) all great pictures, impressive!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails