Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

New calling...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man got a new calling at church last week. He was kind of sad to be leaving the older priest age boys including our son, but excited about the new challenge to get more boys prepared to enter their priesthood journey.
.
I don't think he had a full grasp of how challenging until his first meeting on Wednesday!
Too funny, when I was asking him how it went his only comment was "they are really energetic", but it was his wide eyes that told me just how energetic he was feeling!
.
I know he will be able to settle in and be inspired to teach and train them along their scouting path. And somehow, stay one step ahead of them... it just takes one step. And when he just can't be one step ahead, I am confident that is when they will be teaching him. Children are sometimes our best teachers!
.
I love it when we are called to serve and we are challenged and our minds and abilities are tapped into in a way we never would imagine for ourselves.

2 comments:

PaD said...

Hi all. He'll do a great job. I love your blog. I hope your parents are doing better real soon. Mom D

M said...

Ha my first calling home from my mission was working with the Blazer Scouts (11 year olds), I loved that calling. I learned so much from the boys. They are excited about scouting too, so he will enjoy it well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails