Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's a Girl!!!!

Lillian Florence Bennett

Arrived 12/02/08 5:29pm 6lbs. 15.9oz.

Congratulations to my nephew Robert and his wife Alisha my niece!



I got a call from my SIL yesterday as they were on the way to the hospital to meet Robert and Alisha. My brother being the proud Papa and a proficent "internet technology guru computer geek dude"; had set up a command post outside of the delivery room with 3 networked computers linked to his family message site! So no matter how close or how far, we could all get online to this message board and post back and forth and they could let us know the minute by minute from the command post. And we even got a few pictures!

Here are a few of the posts... there ended up being 124 posts between the time it started until now. So way too many to post. There were lots of questions into command central asking "IS SHE HERE YET?" "tapping fingers here... waiting, waiting" this gives you an idea of how much love and support this little girl had even before she ever arrived.... quite a cheering section!!

Papa 12:19pm: "OK, here we go... We are at St Francis Hospital in Federal Way. Alisha is doing fine and things seem to be very calm. They have a baby monitor hooked up and the staff seems very attentive. The hospital is very clean and I like the hard wood floors. According to Alisha, she is dialated to 3 cm. According to the monitor, the baby's heart beat is within the blue range. Because there is area above and below the blue range, I'm guessing that the heart beat range is pretty good. The other chart is contractions. It looks pretty flat so I told Alisha to stop lolly gaging. I'll update more in a few."

Papa 1:07pm: "Robert is fine. He is quite excited and is going 90 miles an hour. But if you ask him, he is quite calm. While the Dr was doing his exam, he broke Alisha's water. You would think he would have some experence and wouldnt be breaking stuff, but I guess stuff happens. He also mentioned that it looks like Lillian will be here early this evening. I'll fill in more as things happen."

Nana Panda 1:17pm: "Robert came out for a min. and he had NO news *giggle* what the heck!"

About now, we were all taking guesses on the time of arrival and the weight.

Papa: I'll take 10:45:17 PM

Nanna Panda: Hmmmmm well they said early evening so I think around 9:15pm,

Jeremy thinks 10:15pm

Granna: She is a Bennett Baby - knowing all Bennett Babies are spoiled rotten she will wait till after 12:00 a.m to arrive so she has her own birthday... it was her birthday, so we were hoping she would be born on her granna's birthday.

Aunt Beth: Hmmm they also said she was due in November right?... I'll say 11:55pm (sorry Alisha!)

Nanna Panda: Robert just stepped out again and when I asked him how things were progressing he said that Alisha just lost her lunch and he decided to go grab a soda but all is going good and her contractions are coming along nicely (according to him) Roberts guess is Lillian will be here at 4:30

Nanna Panda 02:30 pm: We sent Robert back into the room and told him we wanted information of how much she is dialated how fast the contractions and any other news he could give us.... He text me- she is dil 5 cm and a message that said- 1 min. 3o sec. so wondering if she is actually that close?? it's getting exciting!!!!!!

aunt Beth 02:44 pm: Jacob just got home, his guess is 3:30pm (cheater, cheater)

Melanie's guess: Melanie says 6:00 pm for her guess at time of arival!

Aunt Beth 03:08 pm: I'm also gonna make a guess on weight... I say 7lbs. 4oz.

Aunt Beth: Jacob guesses 6lbs. 12oz.

Nanna Panda 03:16 pm: guessing close to what you said but going for 7lb 2oz

roberts guess 03:18 pm: Robert said 9 pounds mannnnnnn is he going to get shot when Alisha reads this *giggle*

GGrama Della 03:20 pm: Lillian will arrive at 7:10 weighing 6lb 6oz.

Aunt Lynn 03:30 pm: I think 8:30pm PST and 6 lbs 5 oz

Lindy 04:14 pm: I am going to say 7:28 PM and 8 lbs 5 oz!

Nanna Panda 4:35 pm: starting to push!!!!

AuntyLeAnn 04:36 pm: I am going to say Lillian will come out to play at 5:40 and is going to be 7.02lbs!!!

Nanna Panda 05:50 pm: just got a message from Robert!!! it just said 5:29 6-15.9

It was a real nail biter, exciting and so fun to experience this with my brother! It felt like I was right there with him in the waiting room.

So cool! Mom and baby are doing well. I haven't gotten an update on Robert... he may have been knocked out by the 9lb. guess by now. *giggle*

Happy Birthday Lillian Florence!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would have loved to have you sitting with us in the waiting room but I am glad you was able to join us on line during our wait for Lillian.
You did a wonderful job of blogging about her arival.
Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails