Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunday quiet time...

Sunday my strong silent mysterious man had to work. So the teenager and I were off to church on our own, I taught the Sunday School lesson in his class. It went okay, but I had to work at not being so annoyed at how the boys (including mine) were not very reverent, and had a reputation of giving the teachers a bad time (according to the girls). I knew this ahead of time and called a "Dad" to come and sit in the class with us. It seemed to help, but I was still very annoyed that my teenager hasn't learned good behavior yet at his age. I guess my job as his Mom to teach and guide him still isn't done! (still I thought I was a little farther than the 2nd grade issues... no offense to 2nd graders)
.
After church we came home and my strong silent mysterious man had made it home from work, but he was tired, wiped out, and didn't want to participate in the family photos I had hoped to get done before my coupon for 50 free prints expired, or go to dinner, or even move off the bed where I found him. I really wanted to take advantage of this coupon for our family Christmas photos, but it just wasn't going to happen, and it would expire on Monday.
.
So I decided to offer the coupon to my bff and go take her family photos... and she took me up and fed us dinner. I figured since my man was wanting some peace and quiet it would get us out of his hair and kill two birds with one stone.
We managed to get some good shots,
and I am really happy she will be able to use my coupon for her prints.
.
When we came home, my man was still sleeping, so I got out a much overdo project I had on my list of things I wanted to get done this summer. And began working on it.
.
My Halloween scrapbook...
I think the hardest part was actually getting started....
after that I was able to come up with a few ideas to knock out a couple of pages.
The teenagers 1st Halloween at 4 months...And I finished a couple more pages in...
.
I still have a long way to go. My vision for it will be all the years of hunting for pumpkins, trick or treating, costumes etc. Then I can pull it out with my decorations each year and reflect and remember and have a keepsake and the journaling on the pages to remember those precious moments.
.
I eventually would like to have a book for every season... Christmas, birthdays, Easter, 4th of July, 1st day of school etc. But I have to have allot of quiet time and space to drag out my supplies and stuff for scrap booking. So it will be a work in progress.
.
It was very rewarding to see something coming together though!
.
I enjoy quiet Sundays, but I have a hard time taking naps... so maybe my scrap booking and craftiness will find it's time on Sundays now... who knows?

3 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That Halloween scrapbook is a great idea...

Lindsey said...

That is a great idea... those pages are so cute!! I should "attempt" to do something like that.

She Loves To Make said...

Those pages turned out so cute! I'm not a scrapbooker but I would like to be! You'll have to post more of the pages you do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails