Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day by Day and then we voted...

This week we have a missionary going out from our Ward, and I serve with his Mom in my calling. She called in a small panic to see if I could take some pictures, because she just realized the last family picture together was when her twins were very little. And with her son leaving the next morning on his mission, it was now or never, as she will have sons out on missions for the next 8 years and they all overlap by one month. So it really was now or never.



I was so happy to be able to do this with them. We got her family photos, and a few more fun ones as they played and goofed around in their backyard together.


Then later in the evening there was a dinner and little fireside with the boys that serve with this missionary in his priest quorum and his leaders. So since both of my boys were going. I kind of just tagged along since it fell on our family night.
The hosts didn't seem to mind, I felt a little awkward doing that, but it was just one of those things. I brought plenty of food with me in order to contribute. And they were very gracious and made me feel like I belonged there somehow. Afterall, it wasn't about me.

There were some really good words of advice given to this missionary, and I think it was really good the boys coming up behind him could hear them and know why and what they should be preparing for themselves.

The teenager got his haircut.
To make a really long story short, I called and got the first appointment (wrote it on the calendar, as I always do) and he forgot about it... somehow that ended up being my fault. So I called and got another appointment, since I was driving and wanted it to fit my schedule and not just his. And it was for right after school yesterday.
I had a horrible rotten day, I was struggling with sadness, and stress, and it was a really rough day. So I was just trying to pull it together just to go pick him up and get him to the appointment.
We got it done and I survived, and he looks much less scraggly! So it was all good.
Then we voted!
I know, I look like I have been through the ringer... it was a pretty bad day!
But we voted... looks like we felt much better about it at the time, than we did about it this morning (not many smiles at our house this morning). But it's okay.
We will survive these new changes too.
.
And as unhappy and honestly "fearful" about the changes as I am, it was neat to recognize the historical significance of it and I did feel a little patriotism in my heart in a few moments during the night... even though they were very overshadowed with more fear and anxiety.
.
I am so thankful for the power of prayer, but I know in doing so, it will always be the will of God when it's all said and done.

4 comments:

Johnna said...

Sorry you were having a rough day! I hope today is much better! Where is the missionary headed? So how tall is Jake? I can't believe the pictures of him lately.

I know how you feel about the anxiety and worry now, but I think President-Elect Obama will have to do a good job. Just think of the high concentration of prayers going out for him......Have a great day!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I feel the same way about how the election went. Hopefully today treats you better than yesterday did...

Beth said...

The missionary is headed to the Belgium Netherlands (French speaking) mission.

I hope I made nice enough with him to get some chocolates when he comes home! jk

Jake is 6'1" now... he will say taller but that is only with shoes on, no shoes he's 6'1".

We confirmed all the rumors the other day with a tape measure!

You are so right, about all the prayers going out for him... I will have faith.

I am doing a little better today!
Thank you!!

Lindsey said...

I am sorry you were having a bad day... and sorry I didn't get to talk to you more today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails