Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Grateful for work....

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man has been super busy at work. We are so grateful his business, which is normally very seasonal, is still busy at this time of year.
.
They got a couple of new contracts which are demanding many more motors turned out each week, above what they were already doing at Mach V production. So he has been working long hours (a few all nighters this week already) and it has kept him there Saturday AND Sunday.
.
It is so hard to do things alone, when I am used to having him by my side to make decisions and keep the teenager in line and be my companion etc. But we are trying to be supportive and not complain at all, because we recognize what a blessing it is.
.
But trying to think of ways to let him know we love and support him, and revitalize him and keep him uplifted. He really looked like half a zombie when he went out the door this morning. I am not sure if the extra hour helped him out much.
.
I offered to bring him lunch or dinner, so he would take a good break and not just eat a sandwich on the run... but he says he doesn't have time to take big long breaks with me right now, he needs to just stay focused and keep working.
.
So I try and give foot rubs and back scratches when he gets home, but he is asleep almost immediately, so I am not sure how much benefit they are either.
.
We will keep keeping on, and hope things come to a manageable time schedule that will benefit everyone. We are grateful for the continued employment, but Family is too important to be away from for long periods of time without any renewal of spirit in-between.
.
I have to be honest, secretly my biggest fear is that they will slow down enough for him to have some time at home, and he will go hunting and I will get impatient and snap!
.
Lord, give me the serenity...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails