Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rock Band Boys...

Wednesday nights the youth groups from our church get together for activities, and last night the 16-17 year old boys had planned an activity to have some video game competitions. It was in an effort to unite some less active boys and try and build bonds and friendships. Of course the boys made all the plans. But they were due for a relaxing fun activity.
.
Everyone was bringing some food or treats, and we were responsible for the pizza. So I called the Mom at the house they had planned to have it at to make sure I could send pizza's to be cooked there, so they would be hot etc. And it was a surprise to her!
She had been in and out of the hospital and really wasn't up to it, so I quickly calmed her fears and offered my house.
.
When I hung up, I turned and looked at the disaster that had been left in the wake of a few bad days and wondered "what was I thinking"!!!
.
But I called my strong silent mysterious man and he said it would all be okay and it was the right thing to do for the boys.
So when the teenager got home, we pulled it all together.
.
It was so fun to watch them, and even our Bishop came over to be with them for a while, and he got into the bonding and gaming too.
.
They played a game called Rock Band... complete with guitar and a drum set!
Hilarious!
And so much fun!
The teenager wasn't too coordinated on the drums, I was laughing at him. He had to have someone else do his base pedal... too much to think about at one time. I guess he got that from me.


The teenager should stick to the golf and baseball games... he is really good at those.
See the look on his face... pure fear!
He was struggling to stay alive and not have veggies thrown at him, at the end of the "concert"!
"We got the beat"... after lots of practice!
I love our Bishop, and it was so fun to see him in a different light. He was such a good sport.
And really got into the beat on this one! I am saving this video for a really special time, like the next time he tries to give me a new calling.... I can hang it over his head. (he he he just kidding)
A good time was had by All!!

8 comments:

Johnna said...

Wow! Looks like they had a good time. Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a fantastic day!

patsy said...

Now this looks like a fun activity!!

My good friend wende's husband just finished writing a game for disney wii (cool job, I know) that's a new music, band one. I think it's supposed to be out after Thanksgiving. You don't need instuments just controllers to play it.
Fun times!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday!

PaD said...

That was a good time you all had. Loved seeing the Bishop playing and Jacob looking panicked (sp).

Happy Birthday Beth. It was good to talk to you yesterday. I'm glad your gift got there in time and that you "love" it. Have a great birthday. Love ya, Mom D

Lindsey said...

So I am assuming today is your birthday... Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that Jim mopped up!!

M said...

Wow looks like mutual was a fun night. Oh I miss Bishop Augustus tell hime former Elder Woods says hi! Happy Birthday Beth!!!!!!!

Rachel Ann said...

Oh. my. goodness.

I haven't laughed this hard in... well I don't know that I've ever laughed this hard.

My dad. Playing rock band.

Holy. cow.

You've done it again, Beth. Brought my family into my life even when I am far far away. Thank you so so much. You have no idea how it means to me... to find there smiling faces or in this case totally silly natures.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Biggest Hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails