Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family Night...

Last night for "Family Night" we decided to have a fun activity;
so we went bowling!
Yippee! I was so excited... finally something competitive I actually have a chance at winning in.
Not that winning is everything... but give me a break, I live in a house with a bunch of competitive boys... and they always win!

So I drug out and dusted off the ol' bowling ball.
When the teenager was just a little tot, my strong silent mysterious man and I used to bowl on leagues and had all the equipment, and actually got pretty good at this game.

The teenager could get the ball out there....
And my strong silent mysterious man looked pretty good, I will admit...But it's really all in the form!

Yeah... that's right... three in a row!
He looks worried huh!
And the teenager is now wishing he hadn't bet treats for the loser of the night to buy.


The first game in order SSMM, then Mom, then the teenager.... not bad at all.

Second game, SSMM, Mom, and the teenager very close behind.

But the third game, SSMM, what's this Mom 191!, and the teenager fell off and didn't even break 100....

A couple of funny stories of the night... when my strong silent mysterious man was beating our pants off, he tried to console us with a funny story. He said when he was young, his Uncle took him and his two older sisters into Burley to go bowling, and his sister ended up with a score of "4". Sorry you weren't here to defend yourslef Johnna, but it did help the teenager out a little to laugh when he didn't break 100. We did learn later you were only like 12 though. Still he couldn't believe that was even possible! Too funny!

And the other fun story of the night was when the teenager was a little tot, he came down to the bowling alley to watch us finish up our leagues one night. And my strong silent mysterious man had left a split on the lane after his last ball of the game.

So he let "the tot" (probably about 4 years old) go bowl a final ball.... being the independant sole he was, carrying the ball struggling all the way to the line. Set it on the floor and pushed... he walked all the way back to watch for the results. You could see every rotation of the ball, it was so slow, listing to the right and then slowly back to the left. And finally the ball went right between the pins and knocked them both out of the way, at the same time, picking up the split... he was grinning and laughing ear to ear, so proud of himself!

Just about exactly like this shot here only in much slower motion!

It was a really fun night, and a good time was had by all!

7 comments:

Nene said...

Way to go, Beth! Great 191! I have fond memories of going to the bowling alley with you when Jacob was so little and he always wanted to bowl with the grownups!!! He probably just needs some practice.

Johnna said...

I can't believe that he remembered that story. Unfortunately it is a true story. Sadly I have not improved, but I am a good sport.

Love you guys!

Beth said...

Johnna,

I am really glad you are a good sport. I was a little afraid to share the story, but it was so darn cute and made us laugh (not at you, but with you) the way he told it.

You are such a good sport!

We LOVE you tons!!!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love bowling but I have never been very good at it... apparently I inherited my mom's bowling gene:)

Anonymous said...

After my 224 last week, I'm feeling full of myself. Tonight...game on...no competitive spirit here.

PS It's sun shining in Seattle! Yesterday we had hail, rain, and high winds and did I mention rain... Just wait long enough and it will change.

Lindsey said...

I love to bowl... I think it is such a good family thing to do!! And 191.... way to go!!

patsy said...

what a GREAT POST!! I am seriously impressed by your skill as a family- wow.

cool video- cool personalized ball- I had no idea!?

You guys rock :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails