Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend with the "girls"...

Friday we took my Mom to go see Mamma Mia!
So Fun!!!
She kept asking why both of us had seen it and still wanted to go see it again?
After the show, she realized why we were both so excited to take her, and go see it again.
We even went and bought the soundtrack to the movie... so we could dance and sing some more! Love it!!!

We shopped... what's a girls weekend without some shopping?

.

Saturday, we got up early to go do the Women's 5k Walk... and it was pouring down rain, complete with thunder and lightning!
.

We drove into the city anyway, thinking it might clear up... yeah right!
.
As we approached the areas to park, indeed there were thousands of women in rain coats, tarps and garbage bags walking towards the starting line.
.

I had to make a decision whether to walk or not?
.

I had been sooooo sick just last month, was I feeling healthy enough to go out and get drenched in this rain? I wanted to walk so badly, but even over the past two days I had been feeling the effects of bad air quality and coughing and having to use inhalers. I was afraid. I knew in my heart if I got soaked to the bone, I would be too seseptible to get sick again... I can't get sick, not again!
.
So sadly, I dropped my Sister off near the starting line and me and Mom drove to the finish line at the park and waited for her in the dry car.


(We literally dropped her off... I know it looks like I only slowed the car down and pushed her out from this picture... but I did stop. he he he)
.

Here is the view of the race from the finish line, going accross the ridge. Only 1.2 miles to go from here... Sis called from the ridge, and we think that she is here in the Orange.

I had to get out and brave the wet to go meet her at the finish line for a picture!



After the race we came back home, to get her dried out.

.

And I left for a meeting with my Stake Leaders.

We were so very blessed to be taught by our General Young Women President, Sister Dalton from Salt Lake City, UT. And by Sister Thompson from the General Relief Society.

They were amazing, and it was a wonderful way to include more really good girl stuff in my "girls weekend".


My Mom and Sis left Sunday morning. I miss them already. But I have some wonderful great memories to keep me going until the annual celebration next year.

(note to self: Do not miss your hair appointment on Tuesday!!! Yikes!!!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails