Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Childhood Friends...

My Strong Silent Mysterious Man had a blast from the past yesterday.
His dear friend Bill Harp came to see us. The poor guy probably thinks we never pay attention to him... my husband keeps asking him how's Oklahoma, and I say Missouri, he is really living in Arkansas. (oh dear, they probably felt some of the affects from the hurricane and I didn't even ask about how that went; they really probably think we aren't paying attention)

He brought his dear wife and his mother... it was so fun to see them all.

His mom hadn't seen my husband since he was in the 8th grade or something crazy... she said she would have never recognized him. I think he hasn't changed a bit from his kooky pictures. (don't you think in that picture of the two of them, he has an eighth grade look on his face? How cute is that.)

They were sharing some crazy stories, I wasn't sure I wanted my teenager to know about his Dad. But Bill showed us a slide show on his laptop of some of the good things he is doing through his church, helping the handicap go hunting. As he shared about each picture, you could tell he is all about good works these days. And I am so thankful these two boys have finally outgrown their "wild boy" antics.

I made my Korean Chicken recipe, and as always it was a big hit. One of these days, I will run across someone who doesn't like it. But I am guessing from the near empty dish (I think even this last piece has a bite out of it?) it isn't this crowd.

This does my heart good, I am always afraid someone might not like my food. My husband tells everyone he taught me everything I know about cooking... so it kind of puts a strange message in their head from the get go.

We were sad to see Bill and Michelle leave this morning, but they needed to get right back on the road. It was so great to see them, we love them and hope to make a trip down there way in the near future. Right after we buy a gps system to find Oklahoma, or Missouri or where ever it is they live? (he he he)

2 comments:

Johnna said...

How neat. She still looks similar to what I remember. Bill has changed a lot though.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Looks like fun, I love meeting up with old friends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails