Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Small miracles with mesh...

We have had a few series of accidents with our screen door off our slider over the past few years.
.
One night after coming home from a date night, we noticed a small round hole in the screen precisely the same size as the big dowl we put in the slot to keep the door secure at night. Hmmm... the teenager denied it for years, but we finally tricked him into admitting the truth about it some time later, that it was an accident when he and Morgan were playing with the "stick".
.
The next unfortunate accident happened when the screen door was shut and the glass door was shut and Morgan spotted a kitty cat in our back yard. So when we opened the glass door the screen was awkwardly in the way of her and the kitty and it took on some more damage before we could get it open to let her out!
.
And the final blow to the screen happened a few weeks ago when Taylor was outside and Jacob had come home from school and I went to the back door to let her in (she loves to greet him when he arrives home from being at school all day)... and she saw him and bolted for him before I could get the door all the way open, she blasted through the mesh to get to him. It happened so fast I saw her on the inside of the house and actually had to look down to see if my hand had gotten the door opened for her.... I hadn't my hand was on the latch and I had only started pulling it open about 3 inches. Sadly the screen looked pretty trailer trashed by now!

But it was just my day when I found out the teenager had learned how to repair and replace screens at a scout camp merit badge clinic a few years back. So I went and got the dog resistant mesh (yeah, we will be the judge of that!). And on Saturday he took that project on, so it would look nicer when Nene came to visit.

So far so good... (but notice Dad over looking every move... with the ever so sceptical hands on his hips?)

He seems to look like he knows what he is doing...

Plenty of confidence...

Wow! All those years in scouting really payed off, he knows how to do more than just make good smores... who knew!

I have to give him huge credit on his home repair skills, the new screen looks fabulous!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His Great GrandFather would be very proud of his skils. I remember learning how to repair screens, and many other things around the house, at his side when I was about 10. I cant imagine not being able to do stuff like that, Good job Jake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails