Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Prayers and perspective...

(I love this photo, not mine... I just saw it on the Internet)
.
Today my big brother gets a new battery in his pacemaker, I will keep a prayer in my heart all morning that it goes smooth and he has no complications.
.
We share the common thread of both having pacemakers. I got mine 1st when I was 18, and about 6 years later he ended up with one too. So we always share stories, and keep each other on track about having them checked and keeping them in good working condition, and how we freak people out with them.
.
This week he had gone in to have his annual check up, and the nurse ran some diagnostics before the Dr. came in. And there was a rep in the room from the company that sells the pacemakers. I guess she took one look at the tests and stated right away that he would need a new one.
.
My brother being the very sound, stable, analytical guy he is, asked her "You are a salesperson for the pacemaker company, right?", she answered "yes". He said, realizing she would have had a very bias opinion "I think I will wait and get a second opinion from my Dr., because your opinion really doesn't mean a whole lot to me, since you make a living trying to sell these things".
.
I was cracking up when he told me! He is always right on his toes that way. I would have sat there fretting and worrying until my Dr. arrived and not found an ounce of common sense, much less whit in that situation. But not Jim, he is always thinking on his feet.
.
It is a simple in and out procedure now, so I know he will be just fine. But I will keep the prayers going until he gets out of surgery just the same.

4 comments:

patsy said...

I thought for sure that picture was jake for just a minute...

Good luck to your brother today! I will keep him in my prayers.

Johnna said...

That is what I was thinking too! I too will be thinking about Jim and praying that all goes well.

Lindsey said...

I had no idea you had a pacemaker Beth... I hope all goes well with your brother!

Rachel Ann said...

you have a pacemaker? i had no idea. and you got it at 18? can i hear about it sometime? hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails