Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Saturday chores...

When I was a kid, Saturday was always the day we got our deep cleaning chores done.
I forever heard, "many hands make light work" (okay... like there was an option not to participate... not!); and we could play when all the work was done (that never worked out as good as they made it sound.... I was always way too tired to play after they got done with us).
.
At my house now, I tend to save some of the deep cleaning chores for Saturday when my boys are home to help out... but somehow Saturday has turned into "golf day" and I don't golf, so I end up getting the chores done while they are gone, so we can all play. Hmmm???? I missed something in the rules there.
.
Knowing Nene was on her way, I put my foot down and all week they knew there would be no play time until the chores were done. So Saturday morning I left everyone in bed to go to a meeting, and when I returned I found my strong silent mysterious man had the teenager up early working on the chores!

He is the best carpet cleaner ever!

He had cleaned the big stuff out of every room.. and was working away...

I found Rudy in his kennel and Taylor on the back porch...

Morgan had herself barricaded in the dining room...

And she never moved once until all the carpets were dry!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails