Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update from Grandma in Seattle on the Teenager...

Since the teenager went through security at the airport, he has not looked back!!!

I can't say that I blame him, he is having a fabulous time in Seattle! Who would interrupt all the fun to call their nagging, chore issuing mother at home if they didn't have to!

Just kidding! He is loving his independence I am sure, and I am not offended, just missing him!

I am so grateful he gets to take summer trips to see his grandparents, I remember going to stay with mine every summer, and I have the very best memories, they are priceless to me!
I am even more grateful for digital cameras and email... and especially for my mother for keeping me updated on all the fun!!

Here he is with his cousins grandmother... affectionately known as Tutu!!

(she is very much like a grandmother to him as well, and spoils him just about as much too, they share a love of chocolate truffles!)

Here he is shopping downtown at American Eagle... really good things come from being able to shop for school clothes in a different city than your own... plus there are extra special benefits from not having to take your mother with you! (and this Mom is so relieved they found shoes at Nike town too... it's the biggest fights we have ever had shopping for shoes together... yipee, the shoe shopping is done!!!!! he's super duper picky now, not like me at that age at all... he he he)

And his cousins girlfriend, Gema came by to take him to his cousins State Farm 1 year anniversary party celebration at Wild Waves! How fun they are including him in that.

Gema, is the best! Her sister lives in Boise, so she came over for the Womens Celebration 5k walk last fall and walked with us. I just love her to pieces! Just like her to be so sweet to come by and get him to go with her. (and if he plays his cards right, she works at Nordys... so maybe she will take him to find some more cool clothes for school. I bet she can really get him looking hip and cool).

Towel, flip flops, sunscreen and their off!!!

2 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Fun times... I love shopping downtown!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed having Jacob there, and it was no problem at all having having to pick him up. I am glad that I am able to help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails