Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, climbing the mountain...

Today was the day I would be catching up on all the work that has gotten behind since summer started. What a mountian I have created, that I have to climb. Procrastination is one of my least favorite qualities!
-
I sat down in my office looking at the piles of work to be done, wondering where to start. It was quiet, and I wouldn't have any interruptions today, so I knew I had to accomplish allot to feel good about my day.
-
The piles were pretty big, but I actually had high hopes of sorting them out, clearing them off and getting down to some actual work.
-
By mid day, I had many interruptions, but I was still able to clear all the surfaces in my office, get the refinancing paperwork going on the house (yet another project my strong silent mysterious man added to my list of things to do), finish more paperwork on the dreaded identity fraud nightmare, update girls camp lists with all the thousands of changes to who is coming and not coming; shirt sizes; and cabin changes, pick up and begin assembling camp booklets, meet 15th of the month deadlines and payments for clients, put out a few client fires, and take a breather for my visiting teachers who stopped by, plus all the trips back and forth to let the dogs in and out and in and out (I really need a revolving door, where is that teenager?).
-
So by afternoon I felt better about my office and now I would be able to dig in up to my elbows and start getting the work done. Just as soon as I met the pump guy and let him in to pump out the silt around our irrigation pump for our community water.
-
I walk down to the pump house to let him in and he explains all he is going to do. He was a big and tall man, very professional, and very much into doing a good job for the money we would pay him, and making sure we were very happy with his service. He reminded me so much of my oldest brother, really a big teddy bear. It was so welcoming to have a conversation with him... I really didn't want to come home and work. I came and got things lined up to work tomorrow, and went back to pay him and make sure the gates were all locked up, and took him a cold bottle of water. He was so appreciative, it was super hot here, you would have thought I handed him a bar of gold! (little did I know, that would come later when he presented me with the bill).
-
Then I came back home feeling pretty accomplished, this irrigation pump house thing had been hanging over my head for weeks now... finally it was all finished, everything running smooth, and all preventative maintenance in place.
-
It was so quiet at my house, so I sent a text to the teenager. He finally replied, he was working, and I know how my Dad is about slowing up his help. So I let him go back to work, so I wouldn't get him in trouble texting on the job.
-
My strong silent mysterious man called and would be working really late tonight, so I fixed me and the dogs some dinner and put him a plate to heat up when he did come home.
-
I tried to get some more work done, but I am so tired!

I hate those days that you feel like you were super busy, but you look back and really didn't do that much to be as tired as you really are.... I hate that!
-
But tomorrow is a new day, I will begin to climb my mountain again tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails