Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Craft Day with Aunt Fay...

I was so excited to have help from the teenager home on a snow day, to get my chores done yesterday, so I could take part of a snow day off and do some creative crafting.
It turned out to be a sewing project, which I would have never taken on by myself... but luckily I have Aunt Fay close by. We decided we needed to get together more often... and what better way than to do something creative.
She has an amazing craft room, with everything you could ever imagine. She has many specialties, but sewing is definately one of them.
So we started on a church bag to hold all the stuff I have to pack around to meetings all the time.
She has so much material to pick from, and had some courderoy from my MIL that immediately attracted my attention. So I picked that.
Then she found some coordinating material for the trim in no time. One of my biggest nightmares is the fabric store... I get completely overwhelmed in there and my head starts to spin, so I was amazed at how quickly and perfectly the matching of the fabric came together.

Aunt Fay came up with the pattern in her head and knew just where to start... I love learning new things, but this is a gift! I would still be sitting there holding my head on my own.
We cut and pinned and stiched and chatted and laughed... It was a fun time!
We had a few creative slurges with ideas, then had to figure out how to add them to the project... I could tell already, this crafting thing would be good for both of us.
Of course we got advise from "Harley"...
"Precious" had to stop for a nap... It is going to be the cutest thing... I can't wait to share the final product.
I have some homework on it and then we will finish it on our next craft day together!
I will be sure and post the finished masterpiece! Stay tunned! :)

1 comment:

patsy said...

SNOW DAY? In the 11 years we have lived here there has NEVER been a snow day. I've heard there has to be 4 feet of snow or it has to hit -40?
It doesn't really matter though because everytime I turn my head there's no school- what am I paying taxes for???? I get 1/2 way through something and boom the kids are home.
Aunt fay is the best. She helped me with one of my first quilts & taught me how to can peaches. I love her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails