Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow Day...

It dumped more snow on us again yesterday.
I love the snow, and how it gives me a sense of renewal... it's a fresh, clean, white, pure, crisp beginning. I love that!
There aren't many hills here, it's pretty flat so it doesn't usually get too treacherous to drive on, but yesterday it began to pile up pretty deep. So the schools began bringing the kids home early, while they could still get the buses through this thick stuff.
It was the lightest fluffiest snow I have ever seen, and so I piled up pretty quickly.
And today they have declared a "Snow Day" off from school because the roads are a dangerous sheet of solid ice from the compacted snow.

We decided to go out as a family and shovel some driveways for the elderly single women in our Ward we have grown close to. The best part was arriving to some and finding they had already been done, by their home teachers, neighborhood kids, or friends looking out for each other.

That was cool, lots of service goes around when the "going gets tough".

My favorite part of the day was watching "my girls" out playing in the snow. Morgan is a real Frisbee dog, and has taught our little puppy Taylor to love the Frisbee. They found it in the snow earlier in the day, and when they came in left it outside... only to be buried in the snow during the course of the day.

They were hilarious rooting around with their noses in the snow trying to find it!

Lab's tend to be water dogs and love water in any form apparently... little Taylor stays outside until I make her come in and settle down. She doesn't even make the snow look very cold the way she plays in it.

I think if I patterned my life after this puppy, full of joy, playful, forgiving... I would be in pretty good shape!


If your wondering about Rudy, our little dachshund, well he is NOT a fan of the snow, and this stuff got deep enough that he has a little tunnel where he can make his way out and back only when it is necessary... the first trip out wasn't too bad, but as the snow kept piling up it was a little scary, but he's a pro at it now.

1 comment:

PaD said...

Wow what a bunch of snow. The dogs look like they're having a ball. Except for Rudy of course. Would you see if Darlene would let you photo where she has the extra shelves and how she has them decorated. I want to add them here and my memory isn't that good. Do you think she would mind? We are flying out next Thursday for a visit to Washington. I'm glad we're flying the roads would be terrible unless we had a heat wave.

Related Posts with Thumbnails