Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2007

Elders Quorum Social...

The Elders Quorum at our church planned a spoof off of the ladies "Super Saturday" where we get together and teach each other crafty stuff, and had a "Super Man Saturday" where they got together and worked on cars and did other "fix it" projects together. I have to say they were very productive and it worked well because there were some who knew things they could bring to the day, and others who needed that knowledge who learned. And they were able to trade talents with each other.
Then they invited the wives to come around noon and bring side dishes to add to a pig they had roasted the night before at an overnight fire pit.I stopped by to pick up 2J's the night before, it was held at his friends house where he had been hanging out, and the men were there cleaning out the pig, I didn't get pictures of that.
But they did a great job cooking him up and getting the meat ready for lunch.
It was held in a shop, so we were bundled up, cold, and not frilly table clothes, but the food was really good.
And the best part was the men cleaned everything up, spic and span as we stood and talked...
and watched the kids eat...
or watched the kids play with the puppies...
or took pictures of the puppies...
A good time was had by all...

2 comments:

patsy said...

That's hilarious that they had a supermen's day. I love it. Roasted pig- I just can't go there. I know that's where sausage etc comes from - I just can't eat roasted pig.

Beth said...

Your brother doesn't do "pig" much either. I have to say it was harder for me after seeing him alive just hours before.

Good thing the girls brought side dishes to share too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails