Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My New Favorite Post Office...

Unbelieveable!
That was my reaction when I realized I would have to be going to the post office again... I really wanted to get some letters off to our missionaries, and I had one last address located for a Christmas Card. I could have just put them in the mailbox at the house, or done the missionary letters through dearelder.com... but I had some pictures to send with them, and I didn't know what the postage would be on them going out of the country and all.
So I waited until the end of the school day and went and picked up 2J's.

It was pouring down rain... and he needed some driving experience in the rain...
He was REALLY not happy getting his picture taken again, and when it took me 3 tries because it kept coming out blurry... he was really really not happy, but compliant and forgiving of his mother.
So here is my driver in training, still doing well. It was really nice to have someone drive me out to try and find the little post office in the boonies that I had heard about.
When we clocked it, only 6 miles.... well worth not having to go to the busy one in our town with the grumpy stamp guy and crowds.

As we drove up, I could see the house next door with their manger scene and lights all of the old little farmhouse... too cute.
It is one little tiny building with standing room only inside, but we were the only ones there at 4:15pm on the busiest mailing day of the year... the very nicest little lady you could ever meet, with the most helpful sweetly given shipping tips to guide you along if you don't know what you are doing!

So quaint, so homey, so small town... I love it!!
She even put out little train lights outside to decorate the Post Office!

I am in love ~ and so excited to find my new mail stop!

Yipeeee!!!!! Thank you for all your support, I was trying really hard not to have only puppy posts this month, and ended up with more Post Office posts than anyone ever needs... sorry, still working on balance in my life.

1 comment:

patsy said...

I am so happy you found this little jewel of a post office. Only 6 miles- not to bad at all!!

Great idea- rain driving practice- I am so surprised at how many people are afraid or don't know how to drive in rain- what in the world?? I guess being from Seattle it just never dawned on me that people could have a problem with it. I love driving in the rain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails