Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SPT...


"THE CHILDREN WERE NESTLED ALL SNUG IN THEIR BEDS"... 'twas the week before Christmas, are you up late at night getting ready for Christmas? are you surprised, as an adult, how much effort it takes to make the holiday *magical?* if you're already "ready," do you take time to sit in the glow of the tree and the candles and really enjoy the spirit of the season? is there a favorite Christmas movie that you watch, or favorite music that you enjoy? are you rested and relaxed? or a tad frazzled, like me?

The dark circles under my eyes are not from being frazzled about the week before Christmas... me and Morgan are sleepless wishing we were in Seattle. (and you can see our little "monster puppy" squiggling out of my hands to get away and go play).

Don't get me wrong, our little Taylor is precious, we love her so much already... but puppies are so much work. We are feeling ready for Christmas and WANT to sit in the glow of the tree and candles and enjoy the spirit of the season....

but little Taylor is up and down, outside, and tugging, and chewing, and drinking, and running and eating and the few precious moments she might drop off for a nap, are so short and few in-between now. My Man has been so good sharing getting up with her during the night, but I try as much as I can to cover it, since he has to get up and go to his job, and I don't want 2J's all tired and grouchy going off to school.

We pack up all of our Christmas movies to pull out and watch during the season, but we haven't had time to watch them during puppy training and all. I did buy a new DVD called "Stalking Santa" thinking it would be a cute comedy... but it is horrible, don't buy it, I will send you ours.

There is usually a new Christmas movie under the tree for our traditional flick after we get up in the wee hours of the morning like 3am, barely missing Santa's departure and going through our stockings. Then we snuggle up in blankets for the movie and a nap under the glow of the tree before we get up at 5am to open presents and eat breakfast to balance out the sugar kick.

I find it gets harder to make "magical" moments as my son grows older, but we have had some wonderful "meaningful" moments this season together... I have dubbed them them "Momeries" because as he gets closer to leaving home, they seem to be more precious to me than him, but I am hanging on to each one of them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails