Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weekend Activities....

Saturday was an early morning... our youth were going on a 5am trip to the Temple, and both of my boys were attending. So my first instinct was to sleep in and enjoy a quiet morning home alone, in my pj's curled up in a warm bed, watching a chick flick....


But my bff suggested we get up early with them... after all, as mothers we are up anyway, making sure they are up on time, and don't forget anything on their way out the door, and we never can go back to sleep afterwards.

So we should make good use of our extra time in the day (she is obviously the level headed one in the friendship).

It was early, but we did have a wonderful peaceful time in the Temple and we were out before the sun was all the way up. In the end I was very happy she makes half our decisions for us.
When the youth arrived back at the chuch building, some of our men were cooking a big breakfast for them. They have the coolest portable grill on a trailer, they can pull up in the parking lot, and they had sausage, and eggs, and pancakes.... YUMMMM!!
Both of my boys really love breakfast... so this was a real treat.
After breakfast, 2J's was off to a clients house to clean her windows. Then he spent most of the rest of the afternoon chopping and stacking wood for another lady in our Ward. He is such a good kid.
While he was out working, his Dad was home catching up on his nap taking... which includes, two dogs, a blanket, and 100 channels to surf.
Sunday we drove about 35 miles West to a small farming town to attend a baby blessing of a daughter of some friends of ours from Seattle (she married a boy that is from this area, so we are so happy to have these opportunities to see them). The family drove over to be with her for the day and promplty left to drive back to Seattle. It was very special for us to be included, they are great friends, and the baby is soooo cute!
They have 3 boys and 2J's loved getting to see them again, and have a few minutes to catch up on the coolest fastest shooting air soft guns, and share their war wounds and scars.
My chef hasn't been in the kitchen for a while, but I loved this one... he had a craving for onion rings... here he is with his full goggles on cutting the onions.
Boys don't cry you know!!

3 comments:

patsy said...

Great post- fun weekend- I was starting to get worried since you hadn't posted for a while. I love all your pictures!

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend!

Beth said...

I am on the computer all week, so I don't usually get on over the weekend... and somehow Monday I was slowwwwww getting in my grove. With my husband leaving, I was in a funk... I don't know how you do that on a regular basis Sis. It's harder than it looks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails