Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kids Everywhere...

Yesterday, my bff had to spend some time at the hospital with her mother in law who had fallen and broken her hip. Her 3 middle children were out of school for a fall break. So there were 5 of them, Ky, Kaitlyn, Kaileigh, Meisha and Carson, and they came to stay with me for the day.

When they arrived, I had forgotten how much stuff you have to pack around for kids and babies. The stopped at the door and peeled off coats and hats and shoes... there was a huge pile, but it made me think of going to one of my sisters houses.

A funny side story... I was always amazed watching my sister and her husband get their 6 kids out the door. One morning when we were visiting them, I was watching Brett sort through a huge pile of shoes mounded up by the door trying to find a match, and I asked him in amazement, how they did this on a regular basis. He said "Oh my part is easy, I am just in charge of the shoes and coats... Patsy does EVERYTHING ELSE"! And I knew by his tone... he knew what it took to do "everything else" and was so grateful for his wife and that his part was so simple in comparison, that he would never complain.

It was all coming back to me, how much more organized you have to be with little ones. Carson is 6 months, so I would have to be on my toes and make sure I was one step ahead of him.

They wanted to watch some TV, which gave me a chance to see what had been sent with them, she remembered everything, breakfast, lunch, babyfood, diapers, movies, toys, blankets. So while they were in a gaze, I went in to fix them breakfast.
We got in the groove pretty quickly, but even when they were calm cool and collected, I couldn't leave to go in the office and get any work done... so we watched movies, and played. I could work in the kitchen, and do dishes.
Ky and Carson are best buddies, and I really only got to feed and change him. Ky attended to him the rest of the day.
He even got him to take a little nap. The older 3 siblings are girls, so needless to say Ky is very attached to his little brother. My Man has always related to him being surrounded by girls in his family too, and they celebrated together when Carson was born!
I found some craft boxes, and they made get well cards for their Grandma.
We had to be quick to keep the crayons and stickers out of Carsons mouth... but we got the job done.
It was really fun when 2J's got home from school... Meisha loves him!
These two are hambones for the camera!
It was a fun day, busy, and I was exhausted when Mom came by to get them, but everyone was fed and safe!
I think I needed this day, to give me some compasion for mothers who have little ones at home, teaching, and training and loving them. It made me realize, that I am very selfish with my own time.... there are so many who don't have near the time to take care of themselves as I do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails