Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007

I got the call from My Man all the way in Nevada, that he was waiting on a truck and wouldn't be home before 10pm last night. We had originally thought 4pm... so it was a blow to my already fragile system. But there was nothing I could do about it, so I just tried to endure.

2J's had signed up to go help at our Church for their annual "Trunk or Treat". He was going to help hand out Hot Chocolate, and Apple Cider, and donuts with the other kids that were just too old to go begging for candy at this age.

So the night before a lady from the church called and asked him to dress up, but nothing scary, just something fun or funny.

The night before...

As he gets out of school on Halloween, we do the "have to have a costume in 2 hours" rush! He wants to do "Ace Ventura"... but that was way too much pressure on Mom, and nobody would recognize him anyway! And I was not going to spend a ton of money on this... I was "Grinching" very badly. So we found some pieces to put together and he went as a Hawaiian for $3.

Can you believe he is letting me take his picture?

Okay I kind of tricked him into this one... "No Mom I am not doing the Hula"... Snap!

His friend Conor dressed as "Jared Zabransky", the Boise State football player... I guess that would have been a little more masculine! Duh!

Oh well, a good time was had by all. I stayed home and paid bills inbetween door bells. I have to say, I am not a fan of Halloween, but I do like it when the little kids come to the door all excited and I have candy for them. (I can't wait for grandkids!!)

Of course our dogs were totally freaked out with all the goblins stopping by and ringing the door bell. But they were much much better when our Main Man got home. All the pieces of our Family Unit were back in place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails