Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Teenager...


The Teenager is still doing really well behind the wheel. We had a short sprinkle of rain the other day and I let him drive in it. He looks so serious behind the wheel.

I pray he is as responsible when he drives on his own, as he is while I am still in the car. I really hate that the day is coming I have to start letting go... my Dad says I still have the apron strings way to tight! But I think as parents we have to do things in our own way.

I truly believe if God trusted me to raise him, he is also giving me the instincts and answers to prayers to try and do it right. I make lots and lots of mistakes, but I don't want one of them to be because I didn't listen to my instincts, or promptings from the Lord.

I love this kid! I don't want to let go, but I hope some day after I have to, that he comes back home with lots and lots of GRANDKIDS FOR ME!! (I mean, I hope he is blessed with a loving family like I have been... he he he)

2 comments:

patsy said...

This guy is going to be a great driver I can feel it! I can completely relate with this post. You have it harder because you have just one- I think you should borrow one of mine.hmmm JK

Beth said...

You say that... but I betcha I couldn't sneak one out without you noticing! Pretty sure you would be a mess without them... he he he.

Thanks for the offer though!!

I am taking notes from you on how to deal with the missionary leaving, (you are doing great so far!!) if/when it is my time to cope with that.

Pretty sure that will be harder than driving, although looks like some of the same rules apply...

never let them see you sweat
encourage, encourage, encourage
hold on tight
keep a rag close by (to bite or cry on)
oh yeah, never let them see you sweat!

Love ya Sis!

Related Posts with Thumbnails