Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Biggest Loser...

I can't seem to get pictures to load today... so I'll save those for another post another day.

I have to share I am hooked on the NBC Show "The Biggest Loser"...

Even through all the Hissyfits, Meltdowns and drama they obviosly create and edit to suck you in for TV ratings... I still love it. We don't have any fancy new up to date recording options with our cable/satellite, so I use the old VHS method on an old tv in the back room. I wasn't home last night, so I recorded it (this time neither of my boys unplugged, removed the tape, or turned it off trying to save energy on me... UGGGggggg!!!), and it is all I can do not to stop everything today and watch it. I can't, I have too much to do, and need to stay focused on work and stuff... but I can't wait to catch up on last night's episode.

I really try to tell myself I like it for much more than for the reality show draw the networks use on us... somehow it is motivating, even more than the weight losses (because most of that is very unrealistic in the real world). But I like how they learn more about their own potential, and break some of those walls of what they think they can do and realize what their actually capable of... which is mountains above what they were giving themselves credit for.

I love that they really raise the bar for these contestants and they seem to live up to it everytime! Makes me wonder in my own life if I am really selling myself short on what I can actually accomplish!

Are there any other loser fans out there?
Don't tell me what happens!

My teenager has become hooked on "The Office"... I guess it is super popular, and all the kids love it... but I am sorry to say, I have tried and tried to watch it, and can't get through an episode! I just don't get the humor! I just can't watch it!!!
There is probably something wrong with me... I know!

6 comments:

patsy said...

We LOVE The Office at our house.
Warning: sometimes it goes a little too far.
I think it is the funniest show- it's okay beth I know lots of people who don't get it or hate it.

patsy said...

I forgot to say I haven't watched the biggest loser yet this season, but watched most of it last year. I really loved it. I know it's hokey sometimes but I to think it's a good motivator. Although I obviously am not motivated.

Lindsey said...

Don't feel bad Beth... one of my friends absolutely loves The Office.. I have watched it twice and went away feeling like what was that? Most of it I don't find funny either.

Beth said...

Well Okay... I won't push it to make myself love "The Office" then, whew!!

I watched my copy of the "loser" and I am so miffed they voted off Phil, he always worked so hard, and had the best attitude! They will be sorry.

Thanks for your comments!! I shouldn't let television work me like that, but I know some of you with the same fling over "Dancing with the Stars"... you know who you are ~ he he he

Brit said...

I too love the Biggest Loser! My roommates and I watch it faithfully. I think it is such an uplifting show and motivates people to live up to their potential just like you said. I also love The Office. I didn't for the longest time though. One of my old roommates tried to get me to watch it and I just thought it was unbearable. But I have since changed and love to watch it. I don't know what happened.

Beth said...

Thanks Brit... maybe there is hope for "The Office". I am a little blown away, simply because 2J's and I usually love the same movies and shows, and with that one, he really loves it and thinks it's hilarious, and it makes me wonder what it wrong with ME because I don't. So maybe there is actually hope, I will keep an open mind about it now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails