Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2007

I need your help....






I have a dilema...
.
Last summer I found these old windows for $1 at a garage sale... I had been looking for them for a while. At the auction these go for $50-75 and I wasn't really willing to spend that kind of money on them. So when I saw this deal, I snatched them up.
.
I had them hanging over our bed with all kinds of good intentions to put something cool behind the glass. My hubby was never comfortable with them over the bed, so I finally moved them into the living room. Against the white wall they are pretty bland, but I think when I get the walls painted with some color I will like them better.
.
I put some picture tabs on the glass and printed some black and white photos to go in them... I can change these pictures out, so that was a bonus effect.
My dilema is that my Strong Silent Mysterious Man thinks they look old. I thought that was the point, but he thinks I should sand them and paint them and get them looking more polished I guess. I really kind of like that the paint is all pealing off etc.
.
Maybe that look just isn't right for our more modern clean lines.
.
What do you think? After I get some color on the wall, will the old style windows have character, or will they just look old and dirty and I should give them a fresh look with a new coat of paint?
.
Take the poll and let me know what you think!!

6 comments:

patsy said...

I think they are awesome! I love old peely stuff. But that's just my taste. I think a colored wall would be great, but then again I have many different colors in my life. So I guess I didn't help too much! They are still really awesome!

PaD said...

I'm with your husband. I loved your art in your black frames and it all went together so beautifully with your furniture.

You have such good taste so I'm sure it looks great. I've never liked old looking things. I guess it's because we were so poor and it reminds me of those poor times of my life. I'm sure you'll come up with something that will look great. Sorry. I guess I didn't help much.

Panda said...

I like it old and peeling things in old homes like ours, but not in your home I think they need to be cleaned up to fit in your house. Sorry I agree with hubby.

Beth said...

Thanks for all the input! It definately looks like color is in order... for sure!

Maybe I will start with the wall, then decide.

My next dilema will be what color to paint the frames.

Oh btw ~ I did keep the the art in the black frames that match the furniture, they are just on another wall.

Thanks again for all the help! This will have to be a project for another weekend the boys are off on a campout.

Anonymous said...

BETH...WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T TRY TO REFINISH THEM. I DON'T REALLY CARE TOO MUCH FOR THE "SHABBY CHIC" LOOK BUT I KNOW IT'S VERY POPULAR. i HAVE A COUPLE THINGS IN MY HOME KINDA IN THAT STYLE. THE LAST PHOTO NAKES THESE FRAMES LOOK EXCEPTIONALLY "SHABBY" IF THEY ARE THAT BAD DO YOU REALLY WANT THEM AS THE MAIN FOCUS IN YOUR LIVING ROOM? HOW ABOUT ON SOME WALL WHERE THEY WOULD BE KINDA A SURPRISE. LIKE IN THE KITCHEN OR BATHROOM. OR DO YOU HAVE A HALLWAY WHERE THEY WOULD LOOK GREAT?? I REALY LOVE THE IDEA. VERY CREATIVE OF YOU. BUT, DON'T TRY TO REFINISH THEM. V

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love the frames as they are! I have been trying to get my hands on some just like that...I agree that a colored wall is all you need to make them pop! Thanks for sticking up for me about the confiscated pictures... it's good to know you have my back:)

I love you!
Aimee-Beth

Related Posts with Thumbnails